We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
Our Operational Planning team is passionate about effectively partnering with our internal and external stakeholders, using a coordinated approach to support our focus in ensuring our airport operates efficiently, effectively and seamlessly 365/24/7. They are responsible for prioritizing and delivering excellence in supporting operational projects with documentation and training programs on processes, regulatory changes, and continuous improvement.
In addition, this team brings their agility to work every day to deal with our ever-changing environment and collaborate with numerous stakeholders within the airport community to solve multi-layered challenges – all to ensure that our partners and passengers can have the best experience at YYC. We love what we do, we work hard but always manage to have some fun along the way.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the direction of the GM, Operational Planning, you will be responsible for planning and delivering the integration of operational services, processes and facilities for terminal, airside, groundside and other projects that impact operations. You will be responsible for ensuring that all changes, improvements and projects related to facilities, systems and other connection processes that impact operations are planned for and include clearly documented operational requirements that will be communicated and implemented.
You will also be responsible for a team of Operations Coordinators and a Project Coordinator who provide project support in relation to event planning, permits and shutdowns, and risk/mitigation planning. Some other duties include:
- Acting as Operations representative for cross-functional projects led by other departments (i.e. Planning and Engineering, IT, Air Service Development, etc.).
- Working closely with the Manager, Operational Training and Documentation to identify key operational documentation and training requirements for new projects or changes in systems, procedures and/or regulatory requirements.
- Executing the transition to Operations Plan as outlined by the GM, Operational Planning; tracking and reporting on readiness milestones in line with the project timeline.
- Collaborating with business owners to assign resources, schedule training and facilitate debriefs when required.
- Developing, in conjunction with stakeholders, operational readiness and trial materials and exercises.
- Program Delivery – YYC Shutdown/Permit/Special Events Program.
- Project delivery, tracking, reporting and close out of active projects with impacts to operations while monitoring schedules, risks and associated mitigations.
- Managing stakeholder and business owner relationships.
- Partnering closely with Safety, Security, Environment, Project Teams, and other YYC Departments to develop strategies and action plans for new projects or changes in systems, procedures and/or regulatory requirements that impact operations.
- Ensure work assignments for the team align to the delivery of projects, systems, equipment, legislation and/or regulatory changes.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Undergraduate degree, college diploma or certificate in communication, project management or in other relevant discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in airline/airport operations.
- Leadership experience, with the ability to effectively build successful and harmonious teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of the aviation industry, airline operating procedures and airport operations relevant regulations.
- Project management experience managing multiple timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships at all levels with airport stakeholders, Authority employees, training participants and the airport community.
- Experience in preparing documentation, process review, planning, and service implementation.
- Knowledge and experience with Operational Readiness and Transition (ORAT) programs, project management, and process improvement methodologies.
- Ability to interpret various standards and codes to understand and communicate how they impact project deliverables.
- Knowledge of construction methods, security policies, and safety policies to assess their potential impact to Operations.
- Ability to deliver in a climate of ongoing evolution and changes in client needs and contexts.
- Ability to plan, develop, implement, and deliver with a focus on leading people from multiple organizations in a concerted effort towards one goal.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Creative thinker who can apply experience but also think outside of the box.
- Ability to anticipate change, re-establish priorities, respond to changes and balance conflicting priorities by being flexible.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
- Ability to influence, collaborate and negotiate cross functionally, with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to research and consolidate information.
- Ability to manage complex spreadsheets.
- Understanding that due to working closely with various departments on policies and procedures, you must respect the importance of the confidentiality of sensitive materials.
- Flexibility to work extra hours including weekends and evenings, if required.
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year.