Estimator is responsible for preparing comprehensive and accurate cost estimates for materials, labour and equipment required for projects based on client specifications and in support of Contracts and Bidding.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Review proposal specifications and consultant drawings to determine scope of work and determine the quantity of materials and labour required for the project (takeoff process) and any other factors that may impact overall cost.
- Complete full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing
- Analyzes specifications and calculates the quantity of steel required for the project by inputting the data into estimating software system
- Request pricing from suppliers for to ascertain the lowest price.
- Budgets equipment/material/labour costs for projects
- Consult with internal team to validate man hours, materials and/or equipment requirements.
- Compare bid drawings to construction drawings to price out any changes
- Support Project Team in response to project changes, as required
- Compliance with best practices and procedures to ensure consistency in estimating deliverables to projects
- Min. 3 years experience in the steel fabrication or construction industry
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in engineering, C.E.T or equivalent technical field
- Experience with complex estimating concepts, practices and procedures including conceptual estimating, cost analysis, mathematical skills, and project design scopes
- Knowledge of key estimating principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid procedures
- Knowledge in structural steel and misc. metals fabrication and erection practices
- Proficiency with Bluebeam and Excel. Knowledge of Fabsuite, Autocad, SDS/2 & Tekla Structures is not mandatory but recognized
- A team player who is highly detail oriented
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving skills alongside strong analytical and creative thinking skills who is self-motivated and results driven
Job Type: Full-time
- Stuctural Steel Estimating: 1 year (Required)
- stuctural steel construction: 3 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
- project management: 3 years (Preferred)