Job Title: Greenhouse Assistant Grower- Live Goods
Job Category: Management/Supervisor
Company: Rainbow Greenhouses Inc.
Pay Schedule: Semi Monthly
Travel Required: No
Level/Salary Range: $18-24 Hourly Depending on experience
Shift Pattern and Status: Days, Evenings, Weekends, Perm Full Time
Date Available: Feb 19, 2020
Rainbow Greenhouse is a family owned business since 1985 with 2 locations in BC and 1 in Alberta. The Company employs over 250 full time and 300 part time or seasonal employees. Our Business supplies Indoor and Garden plants to Retailers in Western Canada and North Western US. We continue to experience unprecedented growth of +10% annually. This is a great opportunity to grow with cutting edge company in the Horticulture Sector!
Job Description Summary:
The Assistant Grower will report to the location Grower Manager and this position will cover the watering, feed management, spraying and overall health of crops. This position also requires some supervision of employees and advanced planning of the next week and day.
· Must be a team player- open to working with all members of the team
· Positive attitude- approach all situations with a positive attitude
· Own it – complete your job from start to finish making sure when it’s handed off, it has been approached with 100% effort
Responsibilities include but not limited to
1. Manager/Supervise production staff assigned to you, work out the details of the work plan as received from Manager and execute with your team.
2. Train them in the assigned tasks, mentor, motivate and supervise the quality and quantity of the work
3. Create an effective and efficient system for watering
4. Mixing and applying of fertilizers and chemicals for plant and pest control
5. Ensures watering standards are meaningful and met
6. Daily walk through on all crops checking roots and plant health
7. Monitor and control weeds
8. Make decisions based on actual observations, experience and information collected
9. Weekly scouting for pests in all crops
10. Create a positive work environment and work together as a team
11. General cleanliness in all areas at all times
12. Disinfecting cleanup between crops
13. Working weekends and holidays
14. Ongoing reporting to location Manager/Head grower
15. Aim at improving Production and efficiencies
16. Be receptive to take on any other responsibilities that would be requested
17. Monitor plant quality when picking orders.
18. Record daily labor budgets.
19. Report transplanting records.
20. Track labor times and work rates.
21. Ensure the safety standards are maintained at all times
22. Track and record product growth.
23. Be open to taking on any new responsibilities that might come up as the business evolves
24. Crop care on evenings and weekends as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Solution oriented/problem solving skills
2. Detail orientated
3. Positive attitude
4. Ability to manage crops and employees
5. Working outside a set amount of hours
6. Goal oriented
7. Basic understanding of plants
8. Horticulture related diploma and pesticide application certificate
9. Basic computer skills, more is better
10. Taking continuous education to maintain qualification and knowledge in the field
** You must have 2 years minimum of agriculture/horticulture experience and a relevant Diploma.
Excellent people skills, adaptability, self-directed, organizational skills, problem solving, physically capable of manual labor, positive attitude and not afraid to lead by example.
Please include your email address
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00 /hour