Location: Summerland Seniors Village
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Care and/ or designate, the Clinical Manager is the role model and team leader who coordinates the activities and duties of those who deliver Home Support Services. The Clinical Manager will assess and liaise with tenants regarding their home support needs & ensures that the Home Support Service delivered reflects the Personal Service Plan of the tenant. As the Clinical Manager you are responsible for the over sight of all care delivery in Assisted Living and to the Independent Living residents while monitoring their health, safety and wellbeing.
Include but not limited to;
1. Pre-admission and Admission assessment on all tenants choosing to reside in the community. This includes Assisted Living and Independent Living tenants.
2. Liaises with the applicable Health Authority Case Manager during the admission process of a new tenant and on an ongoing, as needed, basis reviews the tenant’s status and meets with the Case Manager.
3. Reviews all incident reports and follows up as appropriate.
4. Reviews meal absenteeism forms and follows up as appropriate.
5. Communicate with tenant on admission, and regularly thereafter, to formulate a Personal Service Plan (PSP).
6. Communicate PSP with Home Support Workers.
7. Administers prescribed medications and treatments within the limitations of British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
8. Ensures the Home Support service given respects and promotes the tenant’s right to independence.
9. Discuss with the tenant any noted change to personal care needs and amend PSP if applicable.
10. Discuss with the tenant the need to seek medical attention if needed.
11. Actively participates and facilitates facility programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services.
12. Maintains documents according to established standards, regulations, policies and procedures, ensuring confidentiality is maintained.
13. Liaises with other disciplines and departments, as indicated by the PSP.
14. Recruits qualified nursing staff and arranges their orientation to their responsibilities. Provides direction and support to home support staff in their daily physical, psychological and social care of tenants.
15. Evaluates home support staff‘s performance and makes recommendations for improvement where indicated in collaboration with the Director of Care.
16. Hires, disciplines and terminates staff following facility policies, procedures and in collaboration with the Facility General Manager.
17. Supervises and assists Assisted Living care staff. Participates in orientation and ongoing education as required, with the exception of any Delegation of Task which will be performed by the relevant Health Authority Case Manager (RN).
18. Performs duties indicated in the PSP, which include but are not limited to, all Activities of Daily Living.
19. Ensures equipment and supplies are stored and maintained according to policy and procedure and reports unsafe or faulty equipment to appropriate manager.
20. Maintains an up to date knowledge of facility policies and procedures, particularly those concerning the administration and recording of medications, safety and emergency procedures.
21. Encourages and adheres to a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that each tenant is independent & is capable of making decisions about his/her life and these decisions will be respected.
22. Will develop an Exit Plan, as per facility policy, when the tenant is no longer able to live independently as per the policy of the Facility.
23. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Graduate of an approved program for Practical Nurses and holds a current full scope License with British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
2. Valid First Aid Certificate.
3. Two years recent experience as a practicing LPN, preferably in Assisted Living or long term care setting that included the distribution of medications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
2. Ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible tenant focused environment.
3. Ability to operate related equipment.
4. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Windows environment.
5. Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
6. Ability to motivate and lead others in the accomplishment of a task.
7. Knowledge and experience with managing others, employment practices, and health and safety practices and policies.
8. Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties of the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent