McElhanney Ltd. is currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as a Survey Technologist in Vancouver and Surrey, BC. This is a great opportunity for a dedicated individual who is looking to gain hands on surveying experience with a multidisciplinary team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of survey technicians and land surveyors on a variety of legal, topographic and construction surveys.
- Interpret field data in order to create accurate survey drawings and legal plans, which will include downloading and editing field data, interpreting field notes and sketches, and processing conventional and GPS data
- Complete calculations as needed and prepare for drafting or client project reporting
- Liaising with Project Managers and clients regarding enquiries and issues
- Implementing and ensuring quality assurance on all field returns
- Maintain, test, calibrate and adjust survey equipment as needed
- Take instructions from the project manager for performance of office tasks.
- Coordinate the preparation of documents and applications required for regulatory approvals.
- Degree or technical diploma in Geomatics with at least 2 years’ of progressive experience in a survey tech/party chief role; experience in legal and engineering surveys is a strong asset
- BCLS accreditation or working towards accreditation is an asset
- Experience with Civil 3D, MicroSurvey and Leica Geo Office is an asset
- Knowledge of survey and boundary calculation, geodetic coordinate systems and map projections
- Capable of computations and assessment of found legal evidence in the field when necessary
- Understanding of the BC Land titles system
- Strong communication, leadership, and motivational skills
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
For more than 100 years, we’ve been an industry leader in the application of leading practices and cutting-edge technology within Surveying and Geomatics. Our survey crews and technical employees are committed to working closely with our clients in the resource, infrastructure, and construction industries, and within the communities we help build.
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.