Full-Time Hourly Start Rate: $22.00 – $24.65/hr. (Top Rate: $28.00/hr.)*
Part-Time Hourly Start Rate: $20.00 – $22.65/hr.*
Shift and Department Premium Pay Available:
· $2.65/hr. - night shift premium in Perishable/Freezer Dept.*
· $2.00/hr. - Freezer Dept. premium*
· $100/week - night shift, including weekends (Friday and Saturday) premium*
· Other shift/department premiums available, as per the Collective Agreement*
Fast Wage Progression:
· Receive $0.50 cent increase after 6 months, another $0.50 cent increase after 1 year, another $0.50 cent increase after 2 years, another $0.25 cent increase after 2.5 years, and another $0.25 cent increase after 3 years*
Incentive Pay Available:
· All colleagues eligible for performance incentive pay: Earn 10% - 20% or more, on top of your base wage*.
*Inquire for details during the application/interview process
There are many benefits to joining Loblaw Companies Limited, Canada’s leading food and pharmacy retailer. Every day, we ensure our customers have access to quality products that help them Live Life Well. Our Distribution Centres help customers get access to the items they need -- making sure that our stores are always stocked with everyone’s favourite brands. Our company recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
We are currently hiring full-time and part-time Warehouse Worker at our Maple Grove Distribution Centre in Cambridge, Ontario.
About the Role:
The Warehouse Worker role is ideal for those who love to work independently and stay active, while being supported by a collaborative team in a fast-paced unionized environment. In this role, successful candidates will safely and accurately pick orders of groceries for hundreds of different Loblaw stores across the region.
· Collect and assemble pallets of grocery products and other household items using an electric pallet jack, wrapping the assembled pallets, and preparing them for shipment
· Ensure items are accurately and efficiently picked and identified to avoid discrepancies
· Adhere to all safety and equipment regulations and maintain a clean work environment
· Able to take direction from a voice-automated system to pick and organize orders
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
· Completed or completing a Secondary School Diploma or GED Equivalent is considered an asset
· Experience operating an electric-powered pallet jack would be considered an asset
· Warehouse or general labour experience is preferred
· Able to lift and carry up to 60lbs, repeatedly with accuracy in a timed environment
· Comfortable working in a temperature-controlled environment (+22 to -28 Degrees in some locations)
· Flexible straight 8-hour shifts available (day, afternoon and night)
Join a team committed to helping you grow your career and one that provides new opportunities. We offer a competitive compensation package with bonus incentives and an inclusive workplace that thrives on our core values of Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence.
· Comprehensive 5-day onsite paid training program
· Incentive pay programs and voluntary overtime
· Discount programs (i.e. GoodLife Fitness, Loblaw Optical, Koodo)
· Colleague Discount Program at Loblaw Corporate stores
· Safety equipment provided & added yearly footwear allowance
· Employee Share Ownership Programs & Group RRSP
· Medical and Extended Health Care Benefits (Single and Family coverage available).
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Loblaw welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 24 - 40 per week
Salary: $22.00-$28.00 per hour
All COVID-19 precautions are in place for colleague safety