The Mel Jr. & Marty Zajac Foundation is a not-for-profit organization, first incorporated in 1987, whose mandate is to support children, seniors and those with special needs through innovative community projects focused on developing life long skills and independence. Our current major focus is the Zajac Ranch for Children, a camp in Mission, BC, for children and young adults with chronic, life-threatening and/or debilitating conditions.
The Mel Jr. and Marty Zajac Foundation is seeking a motivated and experienced individual for the position of Development Coordinatorto work with the Zajac team to implement fundraising strategies and cultivate relationships with Foundations and community groups in support of the Foundation’s mission.
The Development Coordinator will play an important role in contributing to the overall fund development and communications goals of the Foundation. You will focus on grant writing and reporting and handle the respective technical and administrative tasks to ensure success.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Assistant / Office Manager the Development Coordinator is responsible for:
- Produce funding request proposals / write applications for grants.
- Produce reports for grants received.
- Ensure all grantor recognition and thank you’s occur as promised and in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained of all Zajac Foundation and Zajac Ranch Society grant applications which are traditionally received, including due dates for annual grant applications and reporting for all grants received including primary responsibility for ensuring all grant applications and reports are submitted on time.
- Research and identify new opportunities for grants and prepare applications for approval.
- Track all funds received through grants and prepare annual grant targets to accounting for inclusion in annual budgeted revenue projections.
- Work with management to establish grant funding priorities and develop a plan to meet these priorities.
- Annually, produce materials to solicit funds from community service groups and other identified groups.
- Ensure community groups contact information is updated prior to annual mail out and that the solicitation occurs early in the year to ensure optimum results from this initiative.
- Track all funds received through community service groups and prepare annual targets to accounting for inclusion in annual budgeted revenue projections.
- Work with Zajac Ranch staff and the Registration Coordination to identify featured campers for each summer medical camp and coordinate the gathering of appropriate information and photographs for each camper for inclusion in appropriate reports and marketing material.
- Prepare post-camp analysis for year-end reporting (eg., camper subsidy information, etc.).
Other duties / assistance as needed:
- Social media assistance as needed (facebook, instagram, twitter, google plus, etc)
- Production and distribution e-newsletters.
- Assistance with production and distribution of printed newsletter as needed.
- Assist with office administration as needed.
- Assist with production of marketing materials, presentations as required.
- Assist with events as required.
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned.
- Minimum of five years working in an office environment essential.
- Previous grant writing experience preferred.
- Not for profit experience an asset.
- Previous experience in marketing an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a team spirited environment with a strong results-oriented focus.
- Detail-oriented and self-directed with the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment with staff and volunteers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to converse easily and persuasively.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Strong computer skills with excellent knowledge of MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel).
- Experience with computer graphic programs an asset.
- Social media experience preferred
- Excellent proof reading skills.
Position Type: Full time
Job Location: #300 – 2006 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Forward resume and cover letter to:
Executive Assistant / Office Manager
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- not-for-profit: 3 years (Preferred)