The Dispatch Supervisor will be responsible for all facets of the dispatch operations on the shift. This involves leading all aspects of operational dispatch/routing performance, customer relations, continuous improvement, and people development.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule the labour requirements for the shift to ensure production goals are met within the budgeted cost structure.
- Maintain and execute the daily dispatch/routing plan to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Create and change dispatcher's/routers schedules as dictated by demand and performance.
- Complete shift briefings to ensure the effective communication of relevant information to all employees.
- Discuss and lead the dispatch/routing group in how to resolve issues with drivers concerning SOP compliance and app completion
- Maintain accurate up to date information on customer feedback and communicating with promptly with driver teams.
- Assign and follow up with the dispatch/routing staff on the length of time required for tasks to be completed by noting tasks assignments and communicating approximate time of completion
- Respond to complaints with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Leading the dispatch team in holding drivers accountable for ensuring proper picking and packing procedures are followed and that all production meets or exceeds Client’s quality standards.
- Monitor, analyze and report daily/weekly departmental performance through effective KPI tracking and data collection for respective shift.
- Overseeing the routing systems, verifying and processing driver routing activities
- Provide daily feedback to employees through coaching and administer performance appraisals. Handle all disciplinary situations appropriately and in a timely manner with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Maintain close interaction with customers to develop strong relationships while assessing service requirements; communicate where appropriate.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required.
- Three (3) years Customer Service experience (3PL experience would be an asset)
- At least two (2) years supervisory experience
- Provide excellent Customer Service with effective customer interaction skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with the operating systems.
- Ability to make sound decisions independently to obtain desired results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven leadership ability within a team environment
- Previous experience with dispatch systems such as ClearD/Shyftbase an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $26.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Do you have experience in 3rd-Party Logistics?
- What dispatch software systems have you used? (if any)
- customer service: 3 years (preferred)
- supervisory: 1 year (preferred)
- dispatch: 3 years (preferred)