This position will serve as a Microsoft Windows technologies and standards Subject Matter Expert,
concentrating on overall technical and operational effectiveness of secure solutions. The successful
candidate will have the following expertise:
- Designing, planning and implementing:
o Sever virtualization strategies
o Networks and storage for virtualization
o Virtual machines
o Virtualization administration solutions
o Server monitoring solutions
o High availability for file services and applications
o High availability infrastructure using failover clustering
o Business continuity strategy
o Public Key infrastructure
o Data access for users and devices
o Active Directory Domain Services sites and replication
o Active Directory Certificate Services
o Network load balancing
o Failover clustering
o Group Policy infrastructure for managing end devices
o Network Access Protection
o Windows Server 2012
o GPO to secure Windows Servers and end devices
o Advance PowerShell scripts
o Security hardening strategies
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Technical requirements gathering, designing and hands-on implementation.
- Develop Active Directory best practice configuration, group policies, roles and responsibilities
based on ISA, Vendor best practices (Microsoft, Honeywell, Emerson, Rockwell, OSII, ABB).
Harden all Active Directory and workgroup environments and reduce number of domain
administrator accounts where applicable, including:
o Enforce a password policy in AD and workgroup environments which does not allow the
use of the same passwords.
o Harden Terminal Server environments using AD Group Policies and Whitelisting.
o Disable RDP connections to workstations by utilizing AD at each site location.
o Disable removable media (USB ports, smartcards, flash drives, CD/DVD drives) and
network ports on workstations and servers by utilizing AD.
- Provide training, mentoring, and hands on help to raise the talent/skill level of the team.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications, including
- Understand client’s business environment and lead the development of simple-to-complex
technical solutions to meet client requirements.
Ideal Skills, Competencies, and Personal Characteristics:
- Provide technical writing assistance during proposal development.
- Create and update documentation as projects evolve.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of design and implementation experience in the following:
o Active Directory
o PowerShell Scripting
o Terminal Server Services
o MS Excel
o McAfee management solution
o Symantec management solution
o Lab and testing experience
o Microsoft Certified Solution Expert:
- Knowledge of Honeywell, Emerson, ABB, Schneider SCADA/DCS administrative skills
- Two or more of the following certifications:
o Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist:
Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
o VMware Certified Professional
- Can-do and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a number of projects, meet deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business
solutions with company management.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in high paced work environments.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
Interested in applying for this position? Please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank
all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.