Canopy Growth has already pushed the industry forward in Canada, and now we’re looking to do the same in the United States. Our mission to be the No. 1 hemp company in the U.S. means we need incredible people to join us and help break down barriers.
With millions of square feet of licensed production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth is the largest legal producer of hemp in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index.
Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth. We are excited to be expanding to the United States, and want to continue hiring a diverse group of people in our American offices.
Canopy Growth Corporation is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager, to work out of our Kanata office. You will be working in a fast-paced, continuous integration environment, managing web development projects that medical and recreational cannabis and hemp customers use on a daily basis. We’re looking for someone who will ensure that our stories are documented and implemented, timelines are met, and owners are happy.
- Translate business requirements into website requirements; clearly define and size user stories and acceptance criteria
- Coordinate sprints and project plans between digital marketing, web testing, IT business analysts, interdepartmental project managers, SEO, design, and development leads
- Document business processes and technical architecture that follows
- Ensure that tasks are followed through and not left behind
- Groom the backlog and follow up on old tickets
- Rebalance sprint contents based on changing demands
- Remove team obstacles and facilitate discussion
- Ensure that timelines are met
- Assist with resource capacity planning
- Assist in investigation and resolution of support incidents
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master, Technical Project Manager, or Team Lead
- PMP, CAPM and/or Scrum Master certificate an asset
- Previous or current development experience an asset
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Experience working on global websites
- Solid understanding of SDLC in Waterfall and Agile methodologies and experience with using
- productivity and project management tools (e.g. Jira)
- Excellent communication skills; accurate communication is critical as some team members are
- Ability to absorb technical concepts and communicate them to non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of User Experience Design
- Familiar with wireframe and prototyping tools (e.g. InVision, Figma, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience with a POSIX-based system (Linux, OS X) as a working and deployment environment
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata, Ontario.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.