Part Time Awake Overnight Youth Worker
Group Homes, Calgary
Are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families? Are you a supportive, open-minded and calm youth work professional? Would you enjoy collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team? Then Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is a leading provider of quality programs to children and youth, with a $20 million dollar operating budget, that supports the healthy physical, educational and social development for 20,000 young people and their families each year.
BGCC has three group homes for youth between the ages of 13 and 17 years which are located in residential communities across the city. Programming is based on a trauma sensitive, attachment-based approach. All referrals are made through Calgary Region Child and Family Services.
As a Part-time Awake Overnight Youth Worker, a typical night might include:
- Overnight Specific Duties
- Completing bed checks at night as directed.
- Completing all necessary administrative duties including, but not limited to, faxing, filing, daily logs, Critical Incident reports and notifications as directed by Coordinator.
- Completing designated household chores as directed.
- Preparation of meals, lunches and snacks for the youth
- Adorning the home for special occasions, celebrations and if applicable holidays
- Leading staff for youth projects such as life books, scrapbooking and other activities as designated to benefit youth and families
- Documenting any concerns to team via communication book.
- Ensuring house is secure and alarm has been set.
- Completing a nightly safety check with other residential programs and documents check-in in log book.
- Preparing breakfast and morning routine for youth as needed.
- Manages crisis situations effectively using problem solving and de-escalation skills.
- The Overnight Youth Worker will attend staff meeting or meet with the Program Coordinator on a biweekly basis to provide program updates.
- Fun and energetic work environment filled with creative, compassionate, open minded people.
- A fantastic total compensation package including immediate benefits for all full time and some part time positions.
- Great support for work-life balance and flexibility in the workplace.
- The opportunity to professionally develop your skills and coach others.
- The opportunity to work in an agency that has incredible impact in communities in Calgary and surrounding area.
- BGCC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- A degree or diploma in Human Services field (Child & Youth Care, Social Work, Justice Studies, etc) or currently enrolled, or have 2 years’ experience working with at-risk youth
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR certification
- Class 5 driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract is required
- Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search and a Intervention Record Check* *If the checks are older than 6 months, successful applicants will begin this process during new hire paperwork.
Have we enticed you enough to want to become a Part-Time Awake Overnight Youth Worker with BGCC Group Homes? Why not apply?! Submit your cover letter and resume now!