Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
Corus has an exciting opportunity in our Social Media Centre of Excellence for a Social Media Manager, Entertainment. We are seeking someone who is experienced in data-driven analysis and developing social media strategies for large scale communities. The Social Media Manager has a passion for the media industry and is up to date on all social trends and platforms. This position will report into the Head of so.da and Digital Lifestyle.
- Develop best-in-class social media strategies and executions (across paid, owned and earned) for our priority programs and brands.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop creative and execute campaigns according to our KPIs, strategies and monetization goals.
- Act as an advisor to stakeholders, communicating best practice guidelines, social policies and training.
- Advise on the impact of developments, trends, and new platforms in social media and how they inform our social marketing efforts.
- Advise in the monetization of social content, including branded content and platform revenue.
- Work with external partnerships including Facebook, Twitter and other emerging social platforms to keep up-to-date with the latest developments on the platform.
- Develop strategies for clients and agency partners as part of 360 campaigns (includes content, deployment, and optimization), ensuring client’s KPIs are met.
- In collaboration with the data analysis team, produce in-depth post-campaign reports to summarize learnings and insights for stakeholders and clients.
- Real-time assessment, measurement and optimization of social performance.
- Real-time optimization of content.
- Research and proactively recommend ideas and new content for our brands.
- Deep understanding of data and social analytics.
What We Need From You
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing large social communities and driving social performance, preferably in entertainment.
- Demonstrated expertise in data-driven social media strategy and execution.
- A minimum of 3 years in experience in social media planning / buying across paid, earned, and owned channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Expertise in developing social media strategies for brands, shows and client sponsorships to drive engagement and encourage viewership.
- Exceptional thought leadership – can rally several stakeholders around an idea and see it through from inception to execution.
- In-depth knowledge of established and emerging social platforms (and how they can be utilized to the benefit of brand and business).
- Experience in content creation, optimization and adaptation in nimble industry.
- Ability to manage and work closely with producers and digital editors.
- Experience in media and entertainment industry is a significant asset.
- Prioritize departmental projects with peers and ensure delivery of scalable solutions.
- Manage and foster a high performing team.
- Oversee strategists and community managers on select entertainment social brands.
- Manage and oversee social budget of portfolio to drive maximum value and innovation to social brands.
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships across Marketing, Content, Digital, Publicity and Sales.
- Foster a data-driven culture within the team.
- Build focus on delivering business value.
- Build alignment with senior stakeholders throughout the business, and relationships with directors and members of the executive team.
If You Have the Following…. We Want to Hear From You!
- Experience managing multiple, large social audiences
- Deep understanding of social data, digital and social analytics, and a 10,000 ft view of the social landscape.
- Experience with paid social
- Visual media experience a plus (photography, videography)
- A passion for television and social media
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.