Make an impact with SGS! With more than 94,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
A day in the life of a Sample Preparation Crew Leader at SGS Canada:
- Responsible for scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the activities of personnel, and the activities of the sample preparation area operations.
- lead a team of technicians but remain responsible for ‘hands-on’ technical and operational work with the team.
- Requisition materials and supplies for operations.
- Ensure the proper use and (preventative) maintenance of department equipment, instruments and parts.
- Prepare production and other reports, as may be required by the Manager / Supervisor.
- Keep Manager / Supervisor informed of any operational, safety or housekeeping issues, actions taken or required, and situations in the area.
- Co-ordinate and oversees the set-up of instruments, machinery and equipment.
- Monitor production and works to ensure optimum staff levels/shifts, making recommendations to the Manager / Supervisor for implementation.
- Comply and analyze test data.
- Assist in any hoc projects assigned.
- Education: Post Secondary education (degree or diploma) in a Science related or Leadership related program is a strong asset.
- Experience: 1-3 years of previous supervisory experience would be a definite asset; Strong leadership skills and experience in the supervising small teams; warehousing or production line experience.
- Able to lift 10 to 20 kg of sample.
- Time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner as well as train direct report with current revisions.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently and under pressure.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS Locations or client location may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company's Health and Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
- A valid driver license is a strong asset.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)