Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
We are seeking an experience individual with a passion for creative design to join our team as a Store Design Manager, Tweed Retail. In this role, you will focus primarily on the creative designs (from early schematic design, through to execution), while working alongside senior leaders and the Director of Store Development in order to elevate and uphold the aspirations of a national enduring brand. You will have the opportunity to collaborate across many functions and work in conjunction with our construction and real estate teams. You will influence and support design ideas, conversations and direction from across the organization including strategy, concept innovation, field operation and store development groups. You will work with agencies and store designers in a positive and engaged manner in response to the business aspirations of our brand.
- Executes Design strategy in design of Tweed stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes
- Assist in development of new design concepts; manage collaboration with cross functional business partners on new concepts
- Coordinate and manage projects for stores with focus on spatial planning and procurement of fixtures, furniture and accessories
- Develop, own and manage project schedules and budgets, ensuring cross-functional partners informed and aligned with project timelines
- Assist in leading research for retail design project specifications
- Make site visits, attend installations, and evaluate fixture and design performance
- Review project construction documents and manage design expectations throughout construction
- Oversee the design process and design review by sharing insights, presenting store design initiatives and updates
- Lead SOW development with third parties to facilitate achievement of desired aesthetics and goals
- Stay current with industry trends for retail design and consumer experience
- Management of people and processes; to include business partners, vendors and consultants
- Resolve any issues emerging within cross-functional teams
- Assist in driving for results.
Experience and Background
- BA or BS in design, architecture, or a related field or equivalent experience required.
- 10-15 years experience in commercial, retail design, interior or architectural design, or equivalent required.
- Experience successfully managing cross-functional projects on-time, within budget, and to specifications.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to facilitate resolution of obstacles.
- Ability to independently manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to drive results with cross-functional teams.
- Strong follow-through is essential.
- Excellent ability to create, understand and translate 3-dimensional space concepts into conceptual drawings.
- Computer skills required; 3D rendering, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Photoshop or equivalent graphic program.
- Travel required
These are full-time positions based out of Kanata, with travel required. Depending on your seniority and what you bring to the table, we’ll figure everything else out.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.