Breakfast Cook Position available, apply with a current resume. Previous experience cooking eggs a must.
- Must have a valid Food Safety Certificate
- Prepare food of consistent quality as required.
- Experience with the use of knives, Demonstrate proper use and knowledge of all food-stuffs and cooking equipment and procedures at all times.
- Date all food containers and making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping breakfast buffet stocked.
- Assist in actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, food loss and usage.
- Ensure rotation of stock and the storage of all food items in accordance with health & safety regulations and company policy.
- Assist with preparation of food for catering /banqueting events as needed.
- Must apply corrective measures if necessary. At all times must ensure that the guest eats a meal he enjoys and leaves the restaurant completely satisfied.
- Work in a cooperative customer focused manner with restaurant servers.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation and freezer pull.
- Maintaining a clean, neat and presentable work station and appearance, especially in view of guests.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Assist and direct kitchen stewarding/dishwasher to maintain the smooth and efficient running of the kitchen.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills and must be able to communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as cooperatively within a team setting.
- Superior customer service.
Job Type: Part-time
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)