Portfolio+ Inc. connects financial institutions with customers and partners using innovative technologies. Its software solutions and open banking technology are used by financial institutions in Canada. With its powerful +Open Banking Platform and fully documented APIs, Portfolio+ has the power to connect banks, credit unions, and financial institutions with an evolving ecosystem of financial services technology that is putting everyday customers in control of their financial data.
It’s an exciting time to work at Portfolio+ Inc. Our team is leading the way with open banking in Canada, providing the financial services industry with powerful new API-driven solutions. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to help us educate our customers on how they can transform their traditional banking systems into hyper-connected, open banking platforms. And you’ll be part of a team that’s focused on putting people in control of their financial data and personal finances.
If you’re excited to shape the future of banking technology in Canada, we want to hear from you.
As a Solutions Architect you will champion and help transform our technological capabilities by collaborating with business, architects, and technology stakeholders to drive an enhanced customer experience for our customers.
- As a member of the Architecture Working Group (AWG) contributes to tactical, and long term strategic and transformational cloud-based architecture visions.
- Collaborates with key business, architects & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver solutions that reflect the needs of both the business and end- customers.
- Advocates for Portfolio+ with a mandate of expansion and maximizing value in the partners’ ecosystems.
- Decomposes business requirements and solution architecture and translates them into detailed design specifications and code.
- Coordinates the end-to-end design of solutions and work in close partnership with Developers and Systems/Application Architects to ensure consistency of solution design with the system infrastructure and reusable/shared core technology strategy.
- Provides guidance to technical staff to ensure alignment to business and DevOps strategies and adherence to core architecture principles, security, software development principles, Agile SDLC methodology, and standards.
- Assesses impact of design decisions to the software solution/product/service being developed (performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends creative alternate solutions.
- Leads / conducts detailed code and design reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner.
- Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements.
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets and defect free software, require minimal to zero maintenance, and are aligned with architectural patterns and core technology strategy
- Assists in the resolution of production issues and problems, including root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required, to deliver the business objectives.
- Continues personal and professional development, keeping up with current industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Evaluates and prototypes new technologies for fit with the program/system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process and data in alignment with the strategic architecture vision.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness to strengthen the capability at Portfolio+, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring peers, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- 5+ years of related work experience Application and System Architecture Design, Development and Delivery.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent areas.
- Complete end-to-end understanding of technology or Financial Services.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills for both internal and external audiences, with the ability to influence roadmap’s priorities both internally and externally.
- Expert knowledge of integrated systems architecture and workflow
- Knowledge of SDLC practices, concepts, methodologies, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Hands on experience designing and implementing APIs.
- Understands core business processes and business requirements as well as the architecture design/integration patterns and technology strategy (e.g., transformation, DevOps).
- Strong engineering and delivery expertise in DevOps, Container, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with software testing techniques, Test-Driven Development methods and practices, and with integration and acceptance testing.
- Working experience with relational database concepts such as object-oriented data modeling advanced relational features, object-oriented databases, and object- relational databases.
- Development and technology are a passion.
- Self-motivated, results-driven approach to finding solutions with a strong attention to detail.
- Task management and organization skills to be engaged in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Experience working in Agile, customer-centric environment is preferred.
- Solid communication skills, team-player, and consensus builder.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- System Architecture Design, Development and Delivery: 4 years (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19