RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the general supervision of the Director, Business Development and Contracts Office of the RI-MUHC, and the day-to-day supervision of the Research Contracts Specialist of the Contracts Office (CO), the incumbent will perform administrative and legal tasks to support the CO team.
- Process requests to review or draft research agreements submitted by study coordinators, researchers or RI-MUHC Administrative Directors:
o File opening & saving the required documents in the common electronic file as per the standards and directives of the CO,
o Communicate with the requestor to acknowledge receipt of request and indicate next steps,
o Update the CO tools/database,
o Assign agreement to the relevant team member.
- Establish the priority level for the review of the research agreements by the team members by identifying priorities of the different departments/requestors, and update the tools/database accordingly:
o Centre for Applied Ethics (through their database),
o Centre for Innovative Medicine,
o Study coordinators.
- Coordinate the signature process of the research agreements:
o Obtain signatures from internal stakeholders e.g., RI investigator(s) and Director(s) via pdf or hard copy originals,
o Obtain external party signatures via pdf or hard copy originals,
o Circulate fully executed copies of agreements to all relevant parties, as needed,
o Update CO files and databases,
o Close/archive the files.
- Communicate with Research Grants Management and Finance Divisions, as required:
o Provide copies of fully-executed agreements for new account openings or existing accounts.
- Follow-up on outstanding, inactive or dormant files,
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Communicate with internal (other RI departments, researchers, study coordinators) and external (industry sponsors and collaborating institutions) clients.
- Review/negotiate simple agreements under the direct supervision of the relevant team member,
- Proofread signature version of negotiated agreements/budgets against the final draft,
Update the Contracts Review checklist and Standard Legal Clauses document.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- Paralegal Technology DEC or equivalent degree, Provides excellent service to internal and external clients
- Ability to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and manage competing priorities,
- High level of accuracy and analytical skills,
- Ability to display a high degree of discretion in dealing with confidential information,
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel),
- Experience in solving legal questions using research and problem-solving skills,
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, Bilingual,
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Diplomacy, discretion, good judgment and proactivity.
Temporary, full-time - 1 year contract
Pay Scale :
Commensurate with education and experience
Work Shift :
from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays to Fridays
Work Site :
2155 Guy St., Suite 500, Montréal, H3H 2R9
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.