he Chateau Victoria Hotel & Suites, a locally owned and independently managed hotel is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join their front desk team.
This position requires the successful candidate to be available for a variety of shifts including days, afternoons, weekends and holidays.
- Provides customer service and handles administrative duties such as checking-in and checking-out of guests, handling guest concerns, assisting with the arrivals and departures of groups and tours, and luggage storage
- Be aware of local attractions and restaurants and make recommendations to guests
- Follows established procedures and policies when completing tasks
- Work with all other departments to share information to ensure a positive guest experience
- Acts as an Ambassador for the Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
- Handles cash, cheques, credit and debit card transactions
- Other duties as required
- 2 or more year’s previous hotel experience and/or customer service experience preferred
- Must be flexible; schedule will include holiday relief, week-ends, mornings and evenings
- Proficiency in keyboarding and computer applications required, such as Opera.
- Proven organization, communication, and multi-tasking skills required
- Accounting, cash handling, and shift balancing experience an asset
- Must be friendly and outgoing and extremely presentable and well groomed
- Must work well in a team environment and respond well to direction
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and multi-functional team environment required
- Some Experience with conflict resolution an asset
- Competitive Wages & Health Benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Friends & Family hotel discount
- Vista 18 & Clive’s Classic Lounge employee discount
- Industry discounts
- Employee events
- Bike storage facilities
Thank you for considering your employment with the Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites!
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.83 to $19.77 /hour
- Customer Service: 2 years