As a key member of the senior management team and working closely with the COO, the Senior Manager will be primarily responsible for assisting with the strategic and operational functioning of the firm by working directly with Managers as well as leading internal and external communication with the COO.
As the successful candidate, the Senior Manager will be skilled in the following competency areas: Innovation management; planning and project management; motivating others; and organizational agility.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for:
- Research and Analysis: prepare data for decision making; prepare background notes or papers for topics discussed.
- Strategic oversight of finance department: Review financial reports, month end reports, draws; monitor department performance; explore and maximize use of technology.
- Act as first point of contact for Managers, for information or support: Set and monitor firm-specific KPIs; develop senior administrative objectives and monitor progress using project management tool with dashboard; provide leadership and guidance to managers.
- Business development: Develop strategy around all new initiatives, internal and client based.
- Firm-wide communication: Prepare communication for all new initiatives; prepare internal/external communication for dissemination by COO; prepare and communicate quarterly and/or annual progress reports to stakeholders and others.
- Support to the COO: Coordinate all meetings led by COO, including preparing agendas and record of decisions.
- Governance contact: HR Associates; HR Students; Partnership Matters; Partnership Transition; IT; Finance; Sponsorship and Client Relations; coordinate all Governance/Strategy/and high-level meetings, including follow up
Education and experience
- A university degree in business administration, management, or other related discipline;
- Minimum five years’ of work experience in a business management and/or financial operations capacity, professional services environment preferred.
Knowledge and skills
The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to evaluate and assign work requests.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Detail-focused approach and the ability to produce high quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French, with strong client-facing communication and presentation skills.
- Committed to cultivating a culture of “service”.
- Fluent with various types of software, including Microsoft Office.
- Able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. The firm will provide a cellular device and the expectation will be that all urgent matters are responded to, as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- management: 5 years (Required)