Developer/Builder and Property Management Company located in Abbotsford, British Columbia is in search of an Accountant/Jr. Financial Controller to start on or before January 6th, 2020.
The Successful applicant must be a team player, able to adapt quickly and possess a friendly and outgoing attitude with good communication skills.
- Direct liaison with Owner’s Group, General Manager and Development Manager
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries and other accounting documents as directed
- Identify and implement cost-saving measures
- Work with banks and financial institutions on finance matters and borrowings
- Prepare detailed weekly/monthly reports including costing and variance reports
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare general ledger entries and other business-related transactions
- Process full cycle accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Process expense reports and petty cash reimbursements
- Correspond with tax lawyers and CRA on tax-related matters
- Must have an accounting certificate or diploma in accounting (CPA/CMA) with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Must have a good understanding of the Income Tax Act
- Experience in land development/property management industry would be considered an asset
- Excellent English Language communication abilities both written and verbal
- Experience with computerized accounting systems
- Good Microsoft Office skills and excellent spreadsheet capabilities
- Be proactive, have good judgment, and able to anticipate needs and prioritize tasks
Position and Compensation:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Full time hours Monday to Friday with flexible schedule.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. Our thanks to all those whom apply, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent