Sudbury Catholic Schools proudly continues to strengthen our long-standing tradition of Catholic Education in the City of Greater Sudbury through the unique partnerships that exist between our schools, parishes and parents/guardians.
We welcome qualified candidates to apply to join our dynamic, caring team in the position of supply/casual Educational Assistants. Daily assignments are offered on an as needed basis. There are also opportunities for long term assignments up to one school year in length. Supply/casual Educational Assistants are eligible to apply for any internal job postings. Sudbury Catholic is pleased to offer many opportunities for professional development and growth.
Educational Assistants (EA) help deliver educational programs in elementary and secondary schools. They play an increasingly vital role in today’s classroom. The EAs key role is to support individual students, or groups of students. They work under the guidance of teachers and under the supervision of the Principal. The EA is assigned, at the Principal’s discretion, to meet the needs of specific students and/or program needs within the school.
- College Diploma in Child and Youth Care Worker (CYW), Developmental Service Worker (DSW), or Educational Assistant (EA)
- 1 year experience in a related field
- Strong commitment to maintaining of confidentiality
- Broad knowledge of child development
- Broad knowledge of assistive devices
- Working knowledge of the IEP, Behaviour Safety Plans and Behaviour Management Plans
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, parents, staff and the general public
- High levels of patience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to be sensitive to the needs of students with exceptionalities
- Ability to recognize individual learning styles and the characteristics of learners
- High level of attention to confidentiality
- Proficient in the use of word processing software, Internet and email
- Ability to provide regular attendance
- Ability to provide attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate and relate to people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times is essential
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Assisting students as required (e.g. repetitive bending, assisting children with carrying their belongings, and transferring and positioning students)
- Assisting with carrying out treatment programs/individual education plans
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals
- Behaviour management certification
- CPI certification
- First Aid Certification & CPR Certification;
- Experience in a classroom setting would be considered an asset
- Intervenor for Persons Deaf-Blind Program/Diploma
Please contact Human Resources Services for a copy of the job description, which gives details on physical requirements along with duties and responsibilities, and view our website at www.sudburycatholicschools.ca.
Salary is $27.56 hourly.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online at sudburycatholicschools.simplication.com. Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the contact information for three professional references.
Please note that a satisfactory police record check, Vulnerable Sector Check is a condition of employment.
Interviews will be held periodically as applications are received and reviewed.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, or if you have questions about this collection of information, please contact the Human Resources Department at (705) 673-5620.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for employee recruitment purposes. For questions about this collection of information during the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (705) 673-5620.
Thank you for your interest in Sudbury Catholic Schools.
Joanne Bénard Michael Bellmore
Director of Education Chair of the Board