EMPLOYEE CARE PARTNER OPPORTUNITY - CARE AIDE
Required for a newly built Brain Injury Supportive Living community, Diamond Springs, Redwater.
Operated by Connecting Care – a leader in seniors’ supportive housing management in Alberta.
Fulfilling this Care Partner Role:
To ensure that we have the right person with the right knowledge to fulfill this role, the following is required:
- Grade 12 Diploma or recognized equivalent is required. Must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English.
- Enrolled in a recognized Health Care Aide program at hire or within 6 months of employment.
- Workshops completed in Mental Health, Psychiatric and Brain Injury an asset
- Experience in Mental Health, Psychiatric and Brain Injury an asset
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience in understanding people with various care needs.
- Able to prioritize, re-adjust routines, and deal with repetitive activities.
- Ability to effectively deal with difficult and/or crisis situations.
- Familiarity with the Domains of well-being.
- Personal skills and traits that convey a desire to care for people.
- Being responsive to the needs of others.
- Being a companion, balance care and receiving care.
- Being spontaneous at times.
- Patience, active listening skills, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to Person Directed Care approaches.
- Flexibility and a willingness to modify role for the overall good of the Community and the Residents.
Wage: $17.92/hour (plus shift premiums)
Status: Full-time, Part-time & Casual
Competition #: 01072020-DSRW
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $17.92 per hour
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Match