The Kidco Difference – for over 35 years we’ve been a proud extension of our client’s team. No matter how simple or complex a job may be, we always step up, get the job done right and look for the best way of doing things.
At Kidco, it’s more than a job, it’s an opportunity. When you join the team, the work you put in will be reflected in what you get out – stable work late into the season, the flexibility to work in six challenging business areas to grow your skill, wage increases for strong performers, and the opportunity to join an incredible company culture.
We are urgently looking for JOURNEYMAN HEAVY DUTY MECHANICS to join our field team.
Our Heavy Duty Mechanics are an integral part of keeping our operations moving. Working on our fleet of graders, scrapers, excavators, bulldozers, rock trucks, packers, skid steers, loaders, bobcats, etc. the field heavy equipment mechanic assesses, diagnoses, and completes maintenance and repairs in the field/on site, minimizing down time. The ideal candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule with a variety of shifts to accommodate service needs.
Our ideal candidate:
· 5 years of as a heavy equipment mechanic in comparable industry/environment
· Experience with CAT, Paccar equipment an asset
· Hold valid Heavy Duty Mechanic Ticket with Red Seal
· Ability to work on stationary and support large equipment (D6/D7/D8, small hoes, etc.)
· Fluent in English – both written and oral
· A class 5 drivers license with air endorsement and clean drivers abstract (Class 1 and 3 considered an asset)
· Have own basic hand tools
· Strong team player who is comfortable working independently
· Organized and able to deal with the stress of tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
What we offer you:
· Competitive hourly wage rate, reflective of skill and experience
· Full benefits package including dental, vision, extended health care, and employee assistance program once minimum threshold of hour met (hour bank system) through Merit Contractors Association
· Merit based increases for strong performers
· Opportunities for career advancement and development
· Strong commitment to safety in the workplace including our Safety Excellence program
Join us and build your future!
Call 403.724.2285 to learn more.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday