Redlen Technologies is the leading provider of multi-energy, X-ray imaging modules based on proprietary Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) imaging sensors. Our precision energy detection platform provides solutions to Global Fortune 500 companies in the medical imaging, security and non-destructive testing market segments.
Detail-oriented? Love west coast living? You'll fit right in! Join our team of industry-leading researchers, engineers and designers delivering high resolution radiation-based imaging products that make the world a healthier and safer place. Located on Vancouver Island on Canada's Pacific coast, our employees and their families enjoy easy access to a wide variety of metropolitan and outdoor recreational activities, affording an unrivaled balance of technology work and a re-energizing lifestyle. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including flexible hours, competitive salaries, and health and dental insurance.
Redlen is committed to promoting employee equity and building a skilled, diverse workplace reflective of Canadian society.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Manufacturing, this position is a leadership role in managing the Product and Test Engineering team at Redlen Technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the Product and Test Engineering team responsibilities in support of the Operational goals and objectives for the company
- The teams will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a variety of testing platforms for various types of semiconductor sensors, sensor assemblies and modules;
- Ensuring that the test system capacity and capability meets the business requirements;
- Monitoring, analyzing and troubleshooting product performance issues;
- Developing and documenting Standard Operating Procedures for testing of semiconductor radiation sensors, sensor assemblies, and modules;
- Supporting the Technology Transfer of new test methodologies and test platforms from R&D into Manufacturing;
- Monitoring test system performance;
- Improving test efficiency and repeatability; and
- Identifying yield and cost improvement opportunities.
- Leading the performance management of individuals within the team, including setting team and individual objectives for the upcoming year, and reviewing the past year’s accomplishments and areas for development & training
- Providing mentorship and leadership to the senior and junior test engineering staff
Key skills required:
- Project management experience/skills.
- Deep data analytics skills
- Communication: Ability to collate data and convey the information accurately and clearly
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Test System Development or Test Engineering support for Manufacturing
- Previous Engineering management experience an asset
- Demonstrated application of data analysis to solving technical problems.
- Leadership and management skills
- Hands-on engineering skills
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Have outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to work with limited supervision to attain goals
- Demonstrated positive attitude and self-motivation
- Minimum BEng degree in electrical engineering, material science, physics or equivalent.
Reference ID: MFTG-2
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- system development or test engineering: 10 years (Required)