Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Automotive Parts Associate works in a fast-paced automotive environment that involves constant interaction with customers in person and over the phone, with the use of a computerized automotive parts look-up system. The role also involves interaction with outside vendors using various ordering processes and systems and a responsibility for maintaining the automotive retail floor.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provides excellent customer service and ensures an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Directs or guides customer to the location of requested items.
- Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Keeps up to date on in-store promotions, in-store deals, auto center specials and product locations.
- Sources and orders automotive parts for customers though authorized suppliers.
- Follows established procedures regarding the ordering and sale of parts to customers and the Service Department.
- Processes returns, warranties and castings as required.
- Tests and fills batteries. Tests starters and alternators. Operates the battery filling station as per training received.
- Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and planograms as guidelines.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels.
- Operates computer and RF gun, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
More about the position:
- Demonstrated automotive subject matter knowledge and interest.
- Basic math and typing skills.
- Good working knowledge of automotive parts lookup system.
- Ability to operate a cash register is an asset.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with computerized systems.
- Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire store or Automotive Service Centre, is considered an asset.
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives on offering exceptional service to customers.
- Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully and to give precise instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Service Advisor, Department Manager and Service Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
Our offering includes
Background Check Requirements:
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions: · Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.