Senior Supply Chain Analyst
Supply Chain Management
Senior Supply Chain Analyst
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
There are two (2) temporary full-time positions available working 35 hours per week, for up to twelve (12) months and eighteen (18) months.
Halton Region serves more than 580,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
Joining Halton Region opens the door to a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive compensation, great benefits and employee recognition program are a few reasons why we are one of the GTA’s Top Employers.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a strong long-term financial position and AAA credit rating. We have a diverse and inclusive work environment where you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain Management, this role will support the implementation of key objectives and projects by assisting in the creation of improved processes, procedures and policies, training materials, performing the required analysis and reporting, and assisting in best practice review to ensure the Region continues to provide goods and services at desired levels of service in compliance with legislation and the Purchasing By-Law. As part of the duties assigned, this position will support the development of the updated Purchasing By-Law through research of best practices, legislation and collaboration with stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have a degree or diploma in Business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience in financial analysis, reporting, procurement, project management and inventory management. A MBA designation or certification from a Professional Purchasing Program (CPPB, CPPO designation or equivalent) is an asset. Must possess knowledge of project planning and co‑ordination, strategic planning and non-financial and financial performance measurement practices. A sound background in procurement policies and practices in the public sector would be an asset as well as knowledge of Federal/Provincial legislation/regulations and policies affecting the program delivery of municipal activities. Strong project facilitation skills, communication skills, analytical skills and proven experience dealing with internal controls and procure-to-pay processes in a multifaceted environment is an asset. Preference will be given to applicants with strong experience in project management, reporting and procurement policy development. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Travel between Regional office locations may be required occasionally. Incumbent must provide their own transportation. The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment.
- Plan, lead and coordinate delivery of projects (prepare project charters, prepare project plans, coordinate project tasks, participate in project tasks, coordinate and lead meetings, perform all team communications, liaise with external consultants or other parties where required).
- Provide recommendations relating to policies and processes to ensure the Region maintains strong internal controls and follows best practices for both Purchasing and Inventory processing and reporting and create a consistent standard for the Division.
- Research, analyze and evaluate policies and evaluate applicability to the Division and stakeholders/customers.
- Gather and analyze information and data; prepare presentations, impact and options analysis.
- Support the Division through the implementation of recommendations and/or updated policies, system tools, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and processes.
- Prepare various reports and analyze results to make recommendations including financial and non-financial information.
- Develop reports to Senior Management and Council including summaries of research and recommendations to assist in decision making of management to support divisional objectives.
- Review and comment on reports prepared by consultants to ensure recommendations made for process improvements within the Region provide for maximum efficiency and effectiveness taking into consideration the Region’s business and operating environment.
- Perform market research, benchmark pricing and report on statistics and trends to support decision making
- Performs other duties as assigned.
July 28, 2020
August 10, 2020
Apply Online at:
Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
How to Apply?
Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.