The privately owned BID Group of Companies has over 30 years of experience in providing industry leading solutions for its highly valued customers. Powered by BID Group Construction, McGehee, PHL, Comact, Miller, Deltech, and BID Group Service, the group provides innovative, efficient and reliable equipment & services that strive to exceed customers’ expectations. The group’s ability to provide turn-key solutions that include engineering, project management, installation, start up, and after-sales service furthers its strategic value to its customers. The company has offices across continental North America.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop detailed engineering drawings and documents.
- Work closely with project managers, engineers, and other technicians to complete tasks based on project specifications and requirements.
- Ensure drafting/CAD standards, quality assurance and quality control procedures are followed during drawing planning and production.
- Ownership of design tasks with minimal supervision;
- Coordination with other technicians and related disciplines to produce design deliverables;
- Preparing design submissions and other technical documents
- Time Management and Budgeting
- Meeting Project Deadlines
Training and Skill Set:
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Mechanical or Structural
- Excellent AutoCAD skills
- Knowledge of the different products and components needed in the manufacturing of designed equipment (bearings, conveyor belts, speed reducers, etc.) and structural.
- Superb attention to detail
- Good communication skills (written, comprehension and oral)
- Ability to take broad feedback & direction and translate into detailed and highly accurate plans.
- Strong personal organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Fundamental knowledge of Adobe and MS Office products
If you meet the criteria and are looking for a challenge, please apply to this position. We offer a competitive salary and a range of attractive benefits. Every job application is treated confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
- Drafting and design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Prince George, BC (Preferred)