Sales Manager (GTA)
Mississauga - ON CA (Primary)
Date Needed By
Building automation systems that make sense! Automated Logic is a total energy solutions provider. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service that is hard to beat.
Specific responsibilities for this position includes:
- Develops and directs the sales force in selling Automated Logic Corporation (ALC) systems and offerings including DDC controls, energy and controls retrofits, and service agreements to the local market.
- Leads the ALC systems and service businesses by executing sales strategies to achieve profitability, growth and market penetration.
- Delivers the branch orders and booked margin plan for all lines of business for the assigned geography.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, & developing sales people consistent with the national sales processes and training methodologies.
- Controls selling expenses and manages resources to improve branch profitability.
- Sets the standard for professionalism within the sales team, building and maintaining a high-performance team able to grow market share through a commitment to customer satisfaction, quality and an understanding of the business environment and the local community.
- Leads the sales team in selling the Automated Logic offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to engineers, contractors, and building owners.
- Leads assigned sales team to maximize gross margin, return on sales, revenue, and growth objectives.
- Develops and trains the sales team on established sales processes, tools, and standards. Provides a consistent level of sales coaching, including weekly 'one-on-one’ meetings, customer sales calls, and strategic opportunity reviews.
- Establishes clear performance expectations for the sales team. Uses standards to assess the behavior, activities and performance of each salesperson. Provides consistent feedback to motivate sales people toward improved performance.
- Provides sales focus and sets aggressive individual and team goals consistent with the branch business plan.
- Analyzes the market and current business performance. Executes growth strategies for the sales team consistent with Branch Operation’s. Needs to understand the business environment of local markets including competition, purchasing and business trends.
- Builds partnering relationships with the contractors, engineers, and owners or owner’s representatives responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Automated Logic product and service offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies customer concerns.
- Establishes and drives local territory account management consistent with Branch strategic direction and assign key and target accounts.
- Leads the management team on strategically important target accounts. Establishes and maintains personal long-term customer relationships with strategically important accounts to influence opportunities.
- Reviews bids, estimates and proposals for accuracy and quality. Oversees proposal preparation and operational review meetings.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively (CRM, estimating software, etc.) to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity within accounts. Ensures sales representatives manage a high level of activity as represented in their sales pipeline in Salesforce.com, with a balanced focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of close, as well as other pertinent information.
- Maintains proper staffing levels to achieve business goals. Directs performance management of sales personnel.
- Ensures compliance with provincial, local and federal legal requirements and leads the local office with the highest business ethics.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing, MBA preferred.
Five to eight years of progressive sales and/or operational experience in building systems and services.
Three years of experience in a lead or supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others.
Ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis. Committed to integrity in business.