Milieu is an inter-disciplinary agency that supports individuals with multiple barriers across British Columbia. As such we are looking for:
POSITION: Full Time Residential Coordinator
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours Weekly (flexibility in schedule to include evenings and weekends as required)
LOCATION: Courtenay/Comox/Campbell River
When applying, please indicate the following on your resume:
- Your degree and minimum 5 years relevant experience as outlined below
- If you have a valid BC class 4 or 5 driver's license
Milieu is committed to person-centered support and seeks to foster independence, build relationships, and increase community inclusion and citizenship opportunities for those we serve. Our mission is “to empower and support people as valued, contributing citizens in communities.”
The Residential Coordinator will provide intense evidence based person centered coordination of supports including development of plans and linkages to services for persons with complex multi-system needs who require a high level of active engagement and ongoing monitoring. This person will supervise 5-6 managers of residential services both operationally and clinically in the provision of support for persons with complex care needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will possess:
- A formal university degree in social services at the undergraduate or post graduate levels is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Knowledge of application of case management principles.
- A minimum of five years of experience developing plans within a biopsychosocial framework for persons presenting with complex medical and/or behavioural support needs and whose needs have required engagement with multiple services and sectors.
- Complex support coordination abilities and a familiarity with how to access supports and services available to children and adults with a developmental disability and complex medical and/or behavioural support needs.
- Experience in using flexible and innovative approaches to solve complex issues at individual and system levels.
- Experience working as part of an inter-professional team and working in a cross sector context that builds upon a systemic framework and promotes cross sector collaboration and partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner and to deal congenially with a variety of people effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage confidential information with tact and diplomacy.
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to deadlines and prioritize multiple projects effectively.
- A demonstrated ability in adherence to person served rights and an understanding of the person’s ability to direct support and person served confidentiality.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications and automated record keeping.
- A valid province of British Columbia driver’s license and access to a reliable and insured automobile.
Wage will be between $30-35 per hour based on skills and experience.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our online application at http://milieu.ca/children/employment/
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)