ProTem Health Services Inc. is a recognized leader in healthful living for people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of Dementia. Our five Moncton homes each serve 10 elders in a warm, comfortable residential and familiar setting.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for experienced RCW to join our ProTem team in Moncton, NB. The position requires a professional RCW that is personable, patient and demonstrates an ability of being calm under a variety of situations. The position requires the ability to work 12 hours shifts, 7:30am-7:30pm or 7:30pm-7:30am.
This is a Permanent Part Time position 72 hours biweekly.
- Providing personal care and assisting with the activities of daily living.
- Assist with bathing, feeding, lifting etc.
- Professional work ethic, ensuring confidentiality of resident records and medical information.
- Administering medications (upon completion of training)
- Assist in meal preparation and housekeeping
- Collaborating with residents, families, team members in developing personalized care plans.
- Contributes to promoting a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all staff and patients.
- Respecting resident choice, confidentiality, and privacy.
- The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, proven ability to multi-task and communicate with resident in a pleasant manner at all times.
- Must also possess meticulous attention to detail and provide excellent and informed resident care.
- Self motivated, career focused professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a general understanding of dementia/senior care
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
- Submission of required clearances and certification to work in a licensed special care home
- Valid First Aid & CPR certification
- Valid Criminal Record Check for vulnerable populations
- Form of health care aide certificate, personal support worker certificate or human resources certificate.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume to our careers email, quoting the position on the subject line.
Job Type: Part-time
- Senior Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)