Buyer/Planner - (190000T7)
Responsible for reliable and cost-effective procurement of direct materials and outside processing to support just in time delivery and release of production and shipping materials and provides administration support for Canada and US customs documentation. Manage cross border customs requirements and the supply chain process for the Canadian distribution facility including; forecasting, inventory control and logistics. The Buyer/Planner will review and update demand signals as required to ensure proper supply/demand elements are triggered in the MRP system.
1. Procures and releases outside processing related to direct material to support manufacturing operations.
2. Proficient in MRP/ERP systems and procedures.
3. Supports Materials Operating Systems.
4. Negotiates with suppliers for new and current products and best prices.
5. Responds with urgency to shortages and unexpected requirements.
6. Update vendor metrics for QOS reporting.
7. Track continuous improvement for vendors with delivery performance issues.
8. Responds to quality problems of incoming materials with QA Department and communicates these with suppliers.
9. Ensure minimum inventories while maintaining adequate JIT flow of direct materials.
10. Focus more on JIT while improving DRI and Fill Rate.
11. Become cross-trained and accept backup assignments as required.
12. Multi-tasking, job flexibility within the location.
13. Ensure compliance with NAFTA requirements including; vendor NAFTA certificate of origins, NAFTA certificates sent to customers / [H] broker and auditing of incoming customs documentation and border transactions.
14. Develop flexible forecasting strategies that achieve turns / orderfill objectives and accounts for fluctuations in lead times and demand. Work with Ryder to minimize inbound freight costs.
15. Review and update demand signals as required to ensure proper supply/demand elements are triggered in the MRP system
16. Analyse data and make corrections which triggers supply/demand elements in the MRP to the max benefit for us.
17. Seasonality effect, annual Customer Promo and Trade show
18. Perform regular inventory reviews and develop strategies to minimize stale / obsolete items.
Education and Training:
- College or University degree in Business or a related field preferred.
- C.P.P certification required (or close to completion).
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a purchasing environment, preferably truck or automotive industry.
- 3 – 5 years customs experience
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office and AS400 preferred.
- Experience working with MRP/ERP system
- Ability to use Microsoft Office; Proficient in Excel and Word
- Mostly desk job, must be able to sit for extended periods of times
- Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance
- Ability to continuously operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift
- Environment controlled work area
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Dependable and reliable
- Attention to detail and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to learn and suggest process improvement through problem solving
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
Hendrickson is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, you can call 330-456-7288 and ask for human resources. A recruitment team member will respond by the end of the next business day.Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Brampton 250 Chrysler Drive, Unit #3 Brampton L6 6B6
Purchasing - Materials - Logistics
Dec 17, 2019, 2:08:55 PM