Lake Louise Ski Resort
Full Time - Seasonal (Winter) - Subsidized Staff accommodation is Available
September 13, 2020
Early October 2020 - Late December 2020
Snowmaking Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor, Foreman
The Control Operator acts as the central contact for the snowmaking crew, Foreman and Supervisor. He/she will monitor and record important information during snow production, which will be accessed for study and planning by others within the department. They are also responsible for the management and regular inspection of equipment, tools, and resources within the Control building during their shifts. Control Operators answer to the Plant Foreman, Assistant Supervisor, and Supervisor.
- Oversee all shift communications, and assist the Foreman and Supervisors with the management of equipment
- Monitor and perform regular inspections on air compressors, water pumps, snowmaking lines, and other infrastructure within the Control building.
- Monitor air and water pressures within snowmaking lines
- Monitor and record snowmaking gun locations and hydrants in being used
- Relay work orders, messages, and weather/hazard or accident information to or from work crews, Supervisors, and Foreman using telephone/email or radio communication.
- Track/analyze snowmaking data to ensure accurate records for reports
- Maintain an organized, tidy and safe Control building and equipment storage areas
- Perform general maintenance on snowmaking equipment (guns, hoses, etc.)
- Adhere to department procedures and policies
- Flexible, and able to reason quickly while remaining calm under pressure
- Previous machine/sled operation experience an asset
- Experience with routine maintenance operations considered an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Excel an asset
- Computer literate
Day and Night Shifts
4 days on / 3 days off
3 days on / 4 days off
Outdoor uniform (jacket and pants) which is provided for a rental fee, you are to provide all other necessary items in accordance with appearance policy.