Mississauga - ON CA (Primary)
Date Needed By
Carrier is currently recruiting for an EH&S Lead to Manage the Canadian HVAC organization EH&S Program, initiatives and performance, as well as in preparing all environmental, health & safety matters as required by corporate headquarters.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work within corporate EHS programs to gather best practices, modify, communicate and mange a Canada national EHS program
- Assess EHS risks and building safe work programs, also capable of implementing continuous improvements in a EHS program.
- Familiar with Field mechanical commercial building trades and commercial construction practices.
- Manage Workplace safety Accident claims
- Participate in Workplace safety industry committees.
- Provide field staff with relevant information and support in executing corporate and provincial occupational health and safety requirements
- Monitor provincially sanctioned health & safety certification for assurance of good standing of relevant certification
- Initiate and influence integration of EHS policies and practices into the business
- Assist with the implementation of EHS programs and procedures to ensure company compliance
- Facilitate Training, Contractor Safety, Fall Protection and Audit programs as directed by the EH&S Safety Manager
- Maintain EHS Support Central and EHS Libraries sites as required
- Support assigned areas with audits, accident investigations and safety concerns
- Work directly with local branch office EH&S representatives to ensure all locations meet both corporate and provincial reporting requirements. Ensures required EH&S meetings are held and minutes are distributed to local and national management
- Gathers data for compliance with relevant corporate EH&S program reporting requirements as it pertains to the national EH&S and fleet management program standards
- Ensure collection and consolidation of monthly health and safety workplace inspections that are conducted at all locations utilizing standardized Workplace Inspection Reporting
- Lead investigation and collection of documentation of actual and near miss incidents and ensures local management in unison with National EH&S lead resolves identified unsafe work environments and practices
- Coordinate employee training on Health & Safety related topics and assists with the facilitation of Health & Safety seminars/workshops
- When necessary, travel to other company locations to assist with EH&S related matters
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, engineering or related field required
- 3-5 years of experience in an EH&S related position
- Knowledgeable with EHS legislation across Canada
- Bilingual in French and English preferred
- Understanding of provincial occupational health and safety and related legislation