The Luggage and Customer Service Agent supports all luggage handling and customer service operations in a safe and efficient manner. They are responsible for providing professional, courteous customer service to Albian Aerodrome passengers by addressing customers’ needs and processing transactions in a transportation and logistics environment.
- Perform luggage handling and customer service responsibilities according to the EFC corporate standards, including:
- Transport luggage from/to lodging camp and aerodrome;
- Load and unload luggage from aircraft;
- Ensure correct luggage loading information is reported, including any ballast concerns;
- Process missing/damaged luggage and incident reports as required;
- Troubleshoot issues within the luggage handling process
- Generate computer flight manifests and coordinate check-in process;
- Verify passenger counts;
- Complete check in process, baggage and direct passenger handling as assigned;
- Process missing/damaged baggage and incident reports as required;
- Communicate with line service employees in the preparation of aircraft for flight;
- Process credit card and cash transactions pertaining to aircraft flights;
- Organize invoices, accounts payable and aircraft billing;
- Reconciliation of fuel tickets and fuel farm activities;
- Book and maintain flights for EFC employees and approved individuals;
- Assist with housekeeping and light field maintenance duties; and
- Liaise with CNRL’s Flight Follow department with delayed flights and passenger issues, as well as with applicable ground transportation companies.
- Ensure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
- Through guidance of the CSA Lead, effectively manage tasks during irregular operation periods.
- Input statistical data into Aerodrome systems and complete EFC/CNRL reporting requirements.
- Provide services after hours on an on-call/as-needed basis.
- Perform ramp services operations as required.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area, exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance.
- Comply with and participate in EFC’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Job Type / Category
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport/Aerodrome Services and Aviation Real Estate Development. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Albian Aerodrome location is seeking an experienced Luggage and Customer Service Agent Level 1 to support our diverse operations. This is a temporary full-time position starting on or around March 5, 2019 for a period of three (3) months with possibility of extension. This position is a rotational camp position with a fourteen (14) days on and fourteen (14) days off schedule. Flights, accommodations and uniforms are provided.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma.
- Experience in the aviation industry is preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Luggage Handling required
- Minimum of two years’ Customer Service, preferably in the aviation industry.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license – Not Graduated
- Clear Drivers Abstract
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, independently
- Able to meet all required pre-employment and site access screening including, but not limited to, Common Safety Orientation (CSO) course and Drug & Alcohol test.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, plus demonstrated ability to learn new systems.
- Knowledge and experience with flight reservation software, including ability to make individual and group travel reservations, is preferred.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to deal with individuals sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always, including demonstrated customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated and able to work well independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to multi-task and establish priorities in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Must always maintain a professional appearance and mannerisms.
- Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities and to apply for this role.
Please include your resume and cover letter when applying for this position; indicating the position title and location you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Aviation Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- baggage/luggage handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Physical Labour: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Common Safety Orientation (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Not Graduated) (Required)
- Clear Drivers Abstract (Required)