Position: People & Culture Specialist
Reports to: People & Culture Manager
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the sixth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring a People & Culture Specialist based out of our Richmond Hill office. As a People & Culture Specialist, your top priority is to support Carbon60’s dynamic and growing organization as a great place to work. As a key ambassador for Carbon60’s culture, you create and support programs that align our people to our values, and build an enriching employee experience.
1. Culture: Support programs that build engagement around Carbon60’s values, vision and mission, enhance relationships and communication across offices. Lead the development and execution of employee events. Support engagement surveys and action plans to improve the employee experience and iNPS. Partner with leadership to build programs to support collaboration, trust and engagement.
2. Recruitment: Support activities that attract top talent to Carbon60. Behave as a brand ambassador throughout the recruitment process to engage candidates, external resources and new hires. Actively participate in all aspects of the recruitment process from job postings, onboarding and tracking recruitment data and metrics.
3. People: Act as a first line of contact for employees to address issues and concerns impacting the business and the employee experience. Provide consultation and support to leaders and employees. Partner with leaders to support employee development, career progression and off-boarding of employees.
4. Administration: Keep on top of employee personnel files and ensure that all employee records are up-to-date and current.
5. Corporate Citizenship: Ensure Carbon60’s practices are at minimum in compliance with provincial and federal legislation. Support practices that ensure the company thrives as a business and employer to support the communities it serves.
6. Compensation & Benefits: Act as a point of contact for employees and external resources to support the delivery of programs in compensation and benefits. Provide a seamless partnership with finance and payroll to ensure care and attention to these programs.
7. Systems, reporting and metrics: Ensure the back-end of all supporting systems, reporting and metrics are maintained and up to date so that leaders can effectively evaluate and report on the performance of Carbon60’s people and culture function, and employee engagement.
8. Special Projects: This position will require involvement in special projects to assist with the growth and expansion of the company, within the People & Culture function as well as outside the function, as needed on a temporary basis.
· Post-Secondary degree or diploma
· Post-Grad diploma in Human Resources Management. CHRP is an asset but not required.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in People & Culture or related field.
· Strong foundation of emotional intelligence (EQ) demonstrating compassion, judgment, well developed interpersonal skills, maturity and diplomacy. Able to develop respect and trust quickly.
· Excellent communication skills in oral, written and visual presentation to convey facts, influence, build engagement and participation in ideas and programs.
· Comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates sound decision-making and able to evaluate situations with reasonable care and information.
· Passionate for learning (formal and informal) for continuous growth and development.
· Demonstrated maturity to understand boundaries, respect privacy and confidentiality, and manage difficult situations with a high level of care.
· Driven, inquisitive, creative. Exudes a positive energy and contribution to the company’s culture.
· Experience with BambooHR HRIS is a plus
What’s in it for YOU:
· The opportunity to advance your career with a reputable Canadian company that is on track for hyper growth.
· Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
· Competitive compensation that includes generous employee benefits, a health spending account, and an RRSP plan with company matching.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos - from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability, and at times ambiguity, as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: 2021-10-31
Expected start date: 2021-11-15
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $43,881.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Human Resources: 1 year (required)