Membership Sales Representative
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and results-oriented Membership Sales Representative to join our membership team. Reporting to the Director of Membership Development, the successful candidate will showcase the value of The Chamber to local businesses to increase Chamber membership.
Be Part of Something Bigger
For more than 146 years, The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce has been the largest organization of businesses focused on creating our home into a city where the business community can prosper. We are a membership supported not-for-profit organization that represents over 2,000 businesses and close to 90,000 employees. We are a launching pad for business leaders and professionals to connect, take risks and introduce new, innovative and bold ideas. Chamber members are engaged community members, they contribute to something bigger, a better Winnipeg where business and community thrives.
- Meet and exceed monthly lead generation and outreach targets.
- Maintain high activity standards (prospecting, daily touchpoints, etc.).
- Grow and maintain a large membership sales pipeline of prospects with updated information from cold calling.
- Detailed and accurate documentation to maintain prospecting records by updating account information using the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Perform common database tasks including data entry, mining and reporting.
- Achieve and maintain a positive relationship with future members and work to give them the best possible support.
- Maintain knowledge of the value proposition of The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce.
- Attend Chamber events and other networking events as required.
Required Skills & Experience
- University degree in a business-related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of successful sales experience working with businesses in diverse industries.
- Proven history of being able to cultivate new business, and nurture a sales pipeline.
- Persistence and highly developed selling skills with the ability to identify opportunities, build customer relationships and close sales.
- Experience networking with senior level management and the business community.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage time and set priorities.
- Must have a valid Canadian driver’s license and access to vehicle for business meetings & events.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Relationship and engagement with The Chamber.
- Strong planning skills, including the ability to segment markets and analyze customer potential.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience in inside sales, fundraising or working for a not-for-profit organization.
- French/English bilingualism is an asset.
This position requires high energy and drive. If you’re a motivated, results driven individual that has a passion to contribute towards a meaningful improvement of our city and the business community, you’re encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to The Chamber by Friday, September 27, 2019.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Canadian driver’s license (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)