Home Instead Senior Care is looking for caring and compassionate individuals to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout the Brampton, Caledon and Halton Hills communities. Home Instead Senior Care provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Requirements to be a Personal Support Worker:
- Providing companionship and conversation to stimulate, encourage, and assist a senior client
- Assisting clients in maintaining their homes by providing light housekeeping tasks such as meal preparation, dusting, laundry, vacuuming
- Providing medication reminders
- Supporting senior clients in completing their activities of daily living including toileting, bathing, dressing, feeding, and ambulation assistance
- Escorting clients to medical appointments
- Dementia care
- Hospice and palliative support
- Completion of Canadian Personal Support Worker diploma
- Currently enrolled in a nursing program, having completed at least one year
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Possess a valid driver's license is an asset, but not essential.
- Possess a vehicle with valid auto insurance is an asset but not essential.
Candidates must provide a vulnerable sector check, as well as three professional references.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
All qualified applicants will be considered throughout the application process without unlawful discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability, or any other prohibited grounds of discrimination under applicable law. Our Home Instead Senior Care franchise is committing to providing accommodation in compliance with applicable human rights law. You will be given a copy of the job description for the position for which you have applied. If you require accommodation in order to perform the job duties, it is your responsibility to let us know.