Reporting to the Director Information Technology, the Senior Network Administrator will be responsible for the solution, design, implementation, maintenance and day-to-day operations of the network, server and storage, and telecommunications infrastructures which includes data connectivity for LAN and WAN systems, remote connectivity and mobile device connectivity.
1 Regular Full Time Position Available
Anticipated Start Date:
October 25, 2019
Posted until filled
The Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, is a not-for-profit company, operating recreational facilities in the Wood Buffalo Region. The flag ship complex, MacDonald Island Park is Canada's largest community recreational, leisure, and social centre. Home to the Suncor Community Leisure Centre, Miskanaw Golf Club and Shell Place, MacDonald Island Park works under the umbrella of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
Three to five years of experience as a Network Administrator.
3 years’ experience working in a MS Windows environment, installing and configuring Windows servers
2 years’ experience installing and support MS Exchange
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Operational Maintenance and Management of Network/Server/SAN Infrastructure
- Engage in threat mitigation by the proper use of firewalls and VPN’s.
- Ensure the integrity and security of the RRC’s data by continuously monitoring logs and alerts and following up on any issues or suspicious issues or anomalies.
- Monitor, maintain and configure the Enterprise wide domain including all appliances, applications, devices and services to sustain an optimal, stable and secure network.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, tests and implements equipment for information and communication networks
- Manage enterprise active directory services and supporting server infrastructure
- Experience in VLAN setup and configuration
- Experience with IDS/IPS modules or appliances
- Performs system management functions and operations of computer networks.
- Identifies network and hardware malfunctions and takes appropriate action to resolve issues ensuring data/system integrity in a timely manner.
- Analyzes problems (both technical and operational) and works with IT Services staff and/or vendor representatives to resolve problems.
- Develop, implement and support strategies for monitoring of all physical and virtual server infrastructure systems; including daily availability monitoring and business critical trending of resource utilization supporting business critical applications.
- Develop, implement and support strategies for monitoring of all enterprise storage and backup systems including enterprise level near real time replication and offsite backup solutions
- Administer server environments, including supporting specific enterprise technologies such as Exchange, Mobile Device Technology, VMware, Active Directory, file systems (CIFS/NFS).
- Assists in capacity planning and acquisition of networking devices.
- Maintains and ensures the security of the network and the corporate data.
- Constant monitoring and reconfiguring of network for performance, capacity planning and security.
- Maintains Public Certificates of web applications for security, procurement and registration.
- Manage security solutions, including managed firewall and gateway appliances, antivirus and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including managed routers and switches, filtering appliances
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations, make recommendations, and execute them as required.
- Conduct testing and develop plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions and backup systems.
- Research, design, develop, plan, implement and maintain Unified Communications and video conferencing solutions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
The incumbent will be working in indoor office environment with low – moderate noise level and in network closets and server rooms.
Hours of work will be flexible work schedules with required IT support during evenings and weekends.
The incumbent is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; use hands and fingers to perform fine motor functions, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also regularly required to walk frequently throughout the work day.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust
This position involves use of computers and related hardware with some lifting up to 25 lbs.
Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. Access to reliable transportation is necessary.