Meridian Mfg. Inc. is North America's innovative leader of all-welded smoothwall bulk storage and bulk seed tenders. Meridian's smoothwall hopper bins, tanks and silos are the premier choice for on farm storage of grain, feed and fertilizer and also in virtually all commercial bulk storage applications, including plastics, fertilizers, powders and liquids, chemicals and much more. Meridian's Bulk Seed Tender is the #1 choice by farmers and industry leaders as the safest and easiest method of handling and transporting bulk seed.
Meridian is a member of The Westman Group of Companies, a dynamic entrepreneurial group who values safety, health, community, relationships, growth and fiscal responsibility.
Meridian Manufacturing Inc., Regina/Saskatoon, Saskatchewan has an opening for a Regional Sales Manager.
The Regional Sales Manager identifies, qualifies, and follows up with prospects and leads referring them to the appropriate dealers. The Regional Sales manager works with the dealer network as calls come in and visits on a regular basis in order to establish working relationship with them. They handle inbound sales queries, making sales, or referring customer to the appropriate sales representative or manager. The Regional Sales Manager develops marketing strategies for small business markets to maximize sales in the industry. The Regional Sales Manager will promote all Meridian product lines to maximize the sales potential in their region.
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Decision making and Judgment
- Relationship building
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from advertising inquiries, direct mail responses, trade shows, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Complete lists that are effective and profitable, and meet or exceed typical conversion rates.
- Makes outbound calls to potential and existing customers by telephone or e-mail to sell products and services which result to be productive and profitable.
- Provides product demos on request to qualified customers.
- Completes demonstrations that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Emphasizes saleable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Develops a method of follow up on all quotations.
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely sales information.
- Overcomes business and technical objections of prospective customers.
- Addresses customer concerns in a professional, productive, and timely manner.
- Handles inbound sales calls to convert calls into sales.
- Accurately estimates date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of (Company Name) production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares accurate business transactions reports. Sales reports must be filled out on a weekly basis and are due by Monday noon.
- Prepares and keeps dealer data base current and helps the territory sales managers with budgets.
- Works with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature current, accurate, and complete. Regional sales manager is the outside sales representative
- Investigates and professionally resolves customer complaints regarding deliveries.
- Attends trade shows as necessary as it is productive and contributes to increased sales.
- Analyze the effectiveness of sales programs; recommend and implement changes based on findings.
- Develop and implement distribution strategies, reselling agreements, and other growth opportunities.
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals.
- Complete other duties as necessary.
- Make sure dealers stay within the designated credit terms
- University degree in relevant field an asset.
- 3 years minimum of direct work experience in a management capacity.
- Experience in the agricultural and industrial markets an asset.
- Experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to examine and re-engineer sales operations, form new policies, develop and implement new strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct sales forces, both retail and wholesale.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software package.
- Ability to cross into the USA, and holds a valid travel document.
Apply online at: https://www.northstarats.com/The-Westman-Group-of-Companies/Meridian-Mfg-Inc-Regina-SK-Regional-Sales-Manager/55093
Application deadline: 2020-06-14
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Temporarily due to COVID-19