What is the opportunity?
As an integral member of the RBC Wealth Management Services team, your role as a Financial Planning Specialist is to work with our Advisors to deliver high value customized advice and financial planning to high net worth clients of RBC Wealth Management (Canada). As a valued partner, you will also assist with business development, opportunity spotting and revenue generation.
What will you do?
- Prepare comprehensive financial plans that meet client’s specific needs in the areas of financial, investment, retirement, and risk management planning
- Personalize each financial plan to provide expert knowledge around issues affecting clients, such as: holding companies, employee stock options, individual pension plans, retirement compensation agreements, gift and charitable planning, etc.
- Simplify complex strategies to assist Advisors
- Deliver presentations to Advisors and clients
- Provide ongoing coaching to the Financial Planning Analysts assisting in the preparation of financial plans
- Promote and support a work environment that inspires innovation, creativity, collaboration and diversity
- Develop strong internal and external networks and referral sources
What do you need to succeed?
- Financial planner diploma granted by the IQPF
- Effective communication skills in French and English, both oral and written
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in all aspects of financial planning, including issues of high complexity
- Strong analytical and judgment skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and financial planning software (NaviPlan preferred)
- Professional designations such as CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, LL.B., Master of Laws, Taxation option (LL.M), Master of Taxation (M.Tax.), etc.
- Investment and insurance industry knowledge are also strong assets
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- High level of autonomy
- Financial strength and strong brand
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
1 Place Ville Marie
Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%):