Office Administrator – Quality Assurance (Bilingual)
Southport Aerospace Centre – Southport, MB
Canada Catering Co. Limited.
Canada Catering Co Ltd, a company under the Brown’s umbrella, proudly provides food service to various locations, including Southport, MB, which is just 3 kilometers south of Portage la Prairie and only a short 60-minute drive from Winnipeg.
Brown’s is a true Canadian business success story that was founded in Kingston, ON by James Brown Sr., as a dairy operation in the late 1920’s. Today, Brown’s is a comprehensive Dining Service Provider with a successful track record in Dining Operations, Residential Dining, Catering and Special Events, Educational, Retirement and Recreational Facilities. Our market extends across Canada. Our 1200+ staff is presently responsible for providing quality service to over 250,000 customers per day.
- Liaison with military and external users concerning feeding plans, both when ordered originally and throughout course.
- Maintain communication board to inform staff of meal types and numbers of all personnel on base.
- Tracks number and type of meal for all personnel on base
- Liaise with client representatives for inspections
- Producing invoices for both internal and external catering functions and processing payment when necessary
- Provide advance numbers for ordering purposes to department supervisors
- Provide vacation coverage in the absence of the Food Service Manager and / or Dining Room Supervisor
- Perform kitchen related tasks as required
- Menu Plans and Recipe Accuracy
- Food Production, Usage and Wastage Control
- Food Quality, Flavour, Presentation
- Serving Temperatures and Times
- Fridge, Freezer & Dishwasher Temperatures
- Dining Room, Dish Room, Kitchen Cleanliness
- Equipment Maintenance Emergencies
- Staff Evaluations and Training Progress
- Standard Recipes.
- Production Sheets including Usage & Wastage Control.
- Meal Checklist on Quality, Flavour & Presentation. Diner Questionnaires regarding food quality and services provided. Monthly Supplier audits recorded as to product content, quality and quantity of goods received.
- Hot & Cold Food Temperature Logs.
- Daily Fridge, Freezer & Dishwasher Temperature Logs.
- Posted Cleaning Schedule & Checklist.
- Reports of Equipment Breakdown & Repair Dates. Equipment Maintenance Repair schedules.
- Staff Evaluations and Documented Training Dates and Progress
Daily and Weekly Payroll Administration
- Maintain the accuracy of the payroll internet based program e.g. employment or wage history as approved by Senior Management
- Enters payroll information into timesheets daily and forwards sheets to Food Service Manager. Forwards sheets to head office on a bi weekly or as requested basis.
- Document and review probationary employee status
- Record and track all employees’ leave (e.g. sick, vacation, bereavement) to ensure appropriate payments or entitlements are administered within each pay period
- Make necessary adjustments to payroll to reflect vacation percentage increases as per Company policies
- A minimum of 3 years food service and office administration skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- General physical wellness, and ability to stand, lift, move, etc.
- Successful Police Check
- Current Food Safety Certification
- Bilingual status warrants $0.50 more per hour
- Medical Benefits
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Vacation
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Office Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Required)