Ladco Company Limited was founded in 1919 and today is a diversified corporation with interests in land development, commercial and residential real estate, property management, heavy construction and building products, and hospitality. Ladco is privately owned, conservatively financed, professionally managed, community minded and employs over 600 Manitobans.
Ladco has been a pioneer in the land development business since the 1950’s, manages over 1650 multi-family units and over three quarters of a million square feet of commercial space. Ladco also owns and operates the Holiday Inn Airport West and Borland Construction.
Reporting to the Division Heads of Commercial and Residential Properties this position is responsible for providing, planning, coordination, and leadership to Ladco’s Facility Management Team. The incumbent is responsible for the maintenance of Ladco’s Commercial and Residential properties.
Facilities Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
- Manages database of properties including all systems and all repair/refurb histories.
- Create and maintain a long term plan for equipment end of life.
- Work with Management to identify, analyze and recommend value enhancing opportunities.
- Responsible for implementing and managing maintenance programs.
- As part of a team, plan and manage repairs, maintenance, renovations and redevelopments.
- Responsible for managing, training and developing our Facilities Management team which currently consists of 7 staff.
- Conduct Property Management planning meetings.
- Support the Workplace Health and Safety Committee and promote a Safety culture.
- Risk management and insurance reviews.
- Developing capital repair and maintenance budgets.
- Assisting Property Managers as required.
- Contributing to due diligence reviews regarding property acquisitions.
- Assistance to all divisions at times may be required.
Facilities Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to lead a team across all disciplines of facilities management including (but not limited to) mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building and grounds maintenance.
- Strong technical skills. Ability to manage consultants and evaluate proposed work.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; meets deadlines and handles multiple projects and timetables.
- Previous experience managing large facilities and capital projects.
- General understanding of building codes.
- Collaborates effectively with diverse individuals.
- Budgeting and cost management skills and experience.
- Provide effective communication through written, verbal and non-verbal means.
- Proficient with standard office software applications and experience with property management software is an asset.
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to be flexible in schedule; on call requirement.
- Valid drivers license and reliable vehicle required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post secondary education in Facilities Management and/or Project Management is an asset.
- 7 -10+ years in related positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview. Application closing date, January 27, 2020.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Facilities Management: 7 years (Required)
- supervisory: 7 years (Required)