Lead Hand - Fleet - Closes June 15th, 2020 at 12:00 noon
The Corporation of the Town of Perth is seeking resumes and cover letters for a Lead Hand – Fleet, reporting to the Superintendent of Surface Operations.
This position is responsible to the Superintendent of Surface Operations, or designate, for the maintenance of fleet related to Environmental Services, Community Services, and Fire Departments. The ES Lead Hand - Fleet shall develop, enforce, and evaluate the technical operations of the fleet that is the responsibility of municipality. To act as a technical authority of Fleet equipment for the municipality.
This is a full-time unionized position, with 40 hours per week.
The pay range is $30.28 to 34.87 per hour, depending on experience. Benefits apply as per the collective agreement.
Start date: Immediate
1. Grade 12 diploma and associated trade courses and licences (minimum level of
education required for position):
· Certificate of Qualifications - Truck and Coach Technician - T
· Certificate of Qualifications - Automotive Service Technician - S
· Training in fire fighting equipment
· AZ/DZ license in good standing with the Ministry of the Transportation
2. Three (3) years’ experience as a lead mechanic.
3. Diagnosis, evaluates, and repairs various mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic,
hydraulic systems in all fleet equipment.
Application deadline: 2020-06-15
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.28 to $34.87 /hour