THIS POSITION IS FOR A 4.5 MONTH PERIOD FROM DEC 2, 2019 to APRIL 10, 2020
The role of the CCF is to provide all the elements of our commercial cleaning program to registered participants. The CCF is expected to assist participants achieve their learning/employment goals in the Cleaning Service industry through training and facilitation of all aspects of the commercial cleaning curriculum.
Duties and responsibilities
Program Facilitation, Development and Delivery:
Provide daily facilitation of classroom learning and hands-on skill development in group or individual learning sessions, with the goal of enhanced employability in Commercial Cleaning (CC) entry level positions or related fields.
- Establish activity outputs, based on the SLC CC lesson plans, outcomes and indicators in order to measure and evaluate all learning abilities.
- Utilize the Employability Skills Assessment Tool (ESAT) methodology; ensure the 9 employability skills are an integral part of program design and delivery.
- Enable the identification of potential barriers to success through the utilization of strong assessment skills
- Offer Facilitation for other program areas as required.
- Act as a participant advocate and support.
Motivate and engage learners using the Principles of Adult Learning.
- Use the Employability Skills Assessment Tool to provide constructive feedback to participants, offering strategies to work towards achieving employability skills and challenge with opportunities for growth.
- Conduct crucial conversations with participants and individual advisory sessions.
- Actively promote participant advocacy.
Provide detailed accurate records of all financial transactions associated with the CC program and facility, submitting expenses monthly.
- Maintain files and participant progress reports ensuring confidentiality of client information and secure storage of participant files.
- Attend all meetings as required, including but not limited to active participation and input during participant and team meetings.
- Ensure that SLC Occupational Health & Safety Standards are reflected in all aspects of the program design, delivery and evaluation.
- Purchase, receive and track CC items, supplies, and equipment adhering to the CC budget.
- Conduct assessments of individual participant needs, and develop personalized learning plans enabling the identification of potential barriers to success, and creation of action plans in partnership with participant.
- Liaise with SLC Custodian for the ordering of cleaning supplies and materials, ensuring custodial equipment; materials and supplies are stored and organized in a safe orderly manner in keeping with OH&S and WHMIS guidelines.
Teamwork and Communication
- Serve as an appropriate role model for participants by maintaining professional conduct and striving for excellence in each of the 9 employability skills as identified by the ESAT methodology.
- Provide ongoing verbal feedback to participants, staff team; actively participate in client meetings prepared to discuss ESAT feedback and assessments.
- Participation in committee work as required.
- Member of Occupational Health & Safety Committee to communicate safety measures identified and completed quarterly.
- Provide coverage in other areas of the program as required.
- Liaise with community stake holders regarding participants, and for networking purposes
Occupational Health & Safety:
Complete safety audits of equipment and facility in keeping with annual schedule developed in collaboration with your manager and the Occupational Health & Safety Committee with recommendations to be made to your manager for the safe and systematic replacement of equipment.
- Maintain accurate documentation on all Environmental Services /facility equipment repairs, purchases and upgrades, liaising with Administration Assistant to provide updates for SLC files.
- Ensure CC area equipment; materials and supplies are stored and organized in a safe orderly manner in keeping with Occupational Health & Safety and WHMIS guidelines.
Other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience working with adults with varied learning abilities
- Excellent inter-personal skills and demonstrated success as a team player, innovative thinker, and problem solver who is open to new challenges and willing to learn new things.
- Knowledge of Commercial Cleaning Industry an asset
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills utilizing Adult Principles of Learning
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate learners.
- Ability to interact with people of all ages, cultural backgrounds and diverse life experience with sensitivity, compassion, and patience.
- Sound computer skills- MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel
- Superior level of ethics, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, organize, and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to take initiative and perform with minimal supervision.
- Training in Non Violent Crisis Intervention, First Aid and CPR considered an asset.
- Must be adaptable to changing situations.
- Ability to lift and carry 20 kg.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)