Are you driven by challenges in actuarial? Does the idea of building and developing a team in a dynamic environment speak to you? Then our actuarial manager position may be right for you!
- Work with the Actuarial Director to define and deliver strategic directions in key markets;
- Collaborate with internal leaders in regards to pricing and support business development of the organization in key regions;
- Develop and implement regional development strategies for ratemaking (general rate levels and ratemaking structure) and underwriting;
- Contribute to developing product/market/network regional strategies through risk segmentation, including management of general rate levels, evolution of the pricing structure and the underwriting rules for the company’s insurance products;
- Analyze key actuarial metrics, spearhead knowledge sharing within the organization and adjust accordingly through effective ratemaking and underwriting expertise;
- Ensure efficient management and use of resources and processes on an ongoing basis, using an approach focused on results, service quality and clients;
- Create and maintain an environment that engages team members;
- Manage individual and team performance and ensure alignment with company strategy;
- Act as a coach for the team and focus on client satisfaction;
- Prioritize goals and ensure deadlines are met;
- Promote the company’s cooperative values;
- Develop insurance segmentation strategies;
- Build/Manage/Maintain relations with regulatory authorities, including FSCO (Ontario) and other regulatory bodies.
- Participate in industry committees: Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) and Canadian Association of Direct Relationship Insurers (CADRI).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Encourage and support teamwork and cohesion within and between teams;
- Results-driven and action-oriented;
- Proven in-depth business, industry, and technical knowledge, including best practices and standard practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in P&C insurance actuarial services (especially in ratemaking);
- Experience managing specialized professionals;
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) and Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA);
- Good knowledge with risk segmentation tools (ie GLM).
Echelon Insurance is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. Should you require any accommodation please let Human Resources know so that we can accommodate your individual accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)