CASUAL positions available
The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for Recreation Aide in the Recreation Department at Hastings Centennial Manor Long Term Care Home in Bancroft, Ontario.
· To assist residents to achieve optimum physical, social, intellectual, spiritual and emotional functioning through the provision of individual and group programs and services.
· Must have a post-secondary diploma or degree in Recreation and Leisure studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology or other related field from a community college or University.
· Courses in Gerontology and Restorative Aid training would be beneficial.
· Previous experience in coordinating activities for seniors and knowledge of community resources.
· Experience planning and implementing programs for seniors that are suitable for individuals at a lower cognitive and physical functioning level.
· A class “F” Driver’s License is required.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with residents, family members and co-workers.
· Excellent skills in communication, motivation.
· Computer literacy with experience in the use of Activity Pro, Point Click Care and RAI-MDS 2.0 is an asset.
· A demonstrated ability to carry out assigned duties and to regularly and punctually attend work.
HOURS OF WORK: All Shifts
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $24.64 per hour
Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Acquisition
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $24.64 per hour