Position: Stair Builder
Reports To: Production Manager
Position Purpose Statement:
A Stair builder is responsible for the timely and accurate assembly of prefabricated stairs as wef1 as participating in routine stair shop maintenance and involvement in the Zytech’s Quality Control (Q.C.) and Health/Safety programs
· Stair orders will be built as per standard operating procedures or as dictated fry Supervisor.
· Prior to building, Stair design layouts are to be scrutinized and thoroughly understood.
· Precut lumber should be inspected and/or measured for length and possible damage or irregularities associated with quality control and standard operating procedures.
· Upon completing a Stair (order), the Stair Assembler will proceed to build subsequent orders or report to the Stair Supervisor tor further instructions.
· Thorough and complete organization of tools, materials and workstation and the cleaning and/or disposal of waste is required at all times.
· Regular inspection and maintenance as required for tools and machinery and any problems or irregularities to be reported immediately to the Supervisor
· All other duties as assigned by Supervisor(s)
· A Stair Builder is required to be able to use and maintain various hand tools
· The comprehension of technical layout design for Stairs is required
· Basic math skills and the ability to use a metric/imperial tape measure is required
Job Type: Full-time
- Skilled Labor: 1 year (preferred)