We are currently seeking two Articling Students. The successful candidates will report to lawyers who practice in criminal defence, family law, and civil litigation.
Location: 200 Matheson Blvd West (Suite 100), Mississauga, ON, L5R 3L7
Hours: Monday to Friday | 9:00am to 6:00pm
Type of Position: Full time / 8-month contract
Compensation: $500 per week
Commencement Date: March 9th, 2022
WHO WE ARE
Visit us at https://www.kpalawyers.ca/
WHO YOU ARE
You are a graduate of a common-law program from an accredited law school. You must be properly registered in the Law Society of Ontario's articling program.
- Argue motions, settlement conferences and assist lawyers in pre-trials and trials.
- Write pleadings, motions, and other court documents
- Research, factum writing, correspondence with opposing counsel
- Speak to clients on behalf of lawyers
- Attend Examinations for Discovery, and mediations
- Any ordinary tasks typically part of the experiential training of an articling student
- Juris Doctor or LLB from an accredited law school.
- Strong academic achievement.
- Access to a vehicle.
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants must apply through Indeed.ca. No telephone calls.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more at www.kpalawyers.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 8 months
Salary: $500.00 per week
Flexible language requirement:
All employees must show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. A mandatory mask policy is also in place.