Position Summary Reporting to the Support Services Manager, and/or designate, the Support Services worker –Housekeeping) provides aspects of support services & hospitality throughout the facility for residents, tenants, guests and the public. Participates in some or all of the tasks related to housekeeping services while maintaining a safe, sanitary workplace. May participate in some or all of the tasks related to laundry services. Responds to resident, tenant, and building emergencies if necessary.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to;
1. Responsible for some or all of the tasks related to housekeeping duties and routines in all areas of the facility including resident rooms, common areas, staff areas etc. Carries out general cleaning and sanitizing duties and routines, including: changing bed linen and making beds clean up.
2. Uses equipment & chemicals to strip, clean, wax and maintain floors of various material
3. Cares for equipment, supplies and work area by ensuring equipment is kept clean and safely stored; defective or damaged equipment and furnishings have been reported through proper documentation.
4. Performs & documents required audits, using communication tools
5. Maintains inventory in order on individual carts
6. Understands and demonstrates the use and application of cleaning chemicals.
7. Practices and maintains established standards for sanitation, facility cleanliness, safe work environment and other areas required by the Health Department, Work Safe BC, other regulative bodies and the facility.
8. Responsible for some or all of the tasks related to laundry duties and routines. This includes laundering of (sort / wash / dry / fold / hang / return to storage or resident room) bed linens and labeling residents linens as required.
9. Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conductive to dignified living, by creating an environment which maintains the happiness, self-respect, general dignity and physical safety of each resident and tenant.
10. Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among staff, residents, tenants, and the public.
11. Participates in department / facility meetings and educational in-services.
12. Participates in facility committees and quality improvement initiatives.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications 1. Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. WHMIS Certificate required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Exercise excellent communication skills by demonstrating tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality service.
2. Physically able to perform the tasks
3. Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
4. Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
5. Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team.
6. Ability to operate related equipment.
7. Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties of the position.