The Clarion Hotel and Suites Winnipeg is managed by Atlific Hotels Inc. and operated under the umbrella of Choice Hotels International. We offer a competitive salary, incentive plan, benefit plan, pension plan, accommodation discounts world-wide as well as various other perks as part of the compensation plan. We are recruiting for an experienced Banquet Manager who would be responsible for the day to day operations of the Banquet and Lounge Service team to ensure excellent execution of all meetings, events and conferences.
The Banquet Manager will be reporting directly to General Manager and is a key liaison with the Sales and Catering team, Kitchen Culinary team, and the convenor while managing, directing and delegating all event staff to bring the details through to fruition creating a memorable experience for our guests.
The Banquet Manager is also responsible for managing productivity, maintaining standards, implementing processes, and coaching/developing all Banquet Employees.
- Recruitment, onboarding, training of all new employees
- Forecasting, budgeting, and managing productivity
- Performance management of existing employees (performance reviews, coaching, mentoring, development, and training on any new systems/standards/processes)
- Creation, modification, and implementation of all service or operational standards
- Scheduling and balancing through Payroll system
- Overall presentation of food and beverage items in function rooms
- Manage change logs, amending staffing levels according to changes
- Attend Catering meetings, pre-conferences, pre-event meetings along with ensuring communication and follow up as a result of the meetings
- Quality control including room inspections reporting any deficiencies as necessary and ensuring cleaning checklists are consistently completed
- Maintain part-socks, inventories and purchasing within budgeted guidelines
- Onsite contact with organizers reviewing event order to ensure a seamless execution
- Ensure pre-event huddles, shift meetings, supervisor meetings are conducted regularly to ensure consistency of service standards
- Review all communication logs to ensure areas of opportunities are reviewed
- Guest problem resolution as necessary
- Ensure responsible alcohol standards are in place and being followed
- Regular safety and equipment audits implementing changes / fixes as necessary
- Liaise effectively with kitchen team regarding food product, execution, and presentation
- Maintain open communication to and from Catering Event team.
- Minimum 2 years’ Banquet Manager role; Hospitality Management Diploma is a definite asset
- Customer Service Focused
- Proficient computer skills; with previous experience with a point of sale and/or catering sales program
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and organize in a constantly changing environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple staff and delegate tasks effectively
- Strong communication skills, personable and ability to motivate people to achieve common goal
- Always exude confidence and professionalism
- Ability to work flexible hours or shifts
Job Type: Full-time
- Banquet Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)